Interfering people! and some exciting news!

-Autumn leaves

Nov 28, 2010
Haven't posted on here for a while! But thought now would be a good time as i have a bit to say!

First of all.. interfering people!!! Okay i'm a very laid back sort of person (particularly compared to a lot of people in the horsey world!) I am greatful for people doing stuff for me or my horse, I let people at my yard borrow him if they want to go on a hack and have a friend without a horse because i trust them, and i know Mel loves going out too! But to me, there is still a line and at our yard the owner crosses it! She is rude to me, says to me "Oh i did his haynet and fed him as i didn't know if you were coming up." ????? :stomp: Why on earth would i not come up to sort my horse out?!?!?! When have i ever not?!?! I do not understand this! I go up there, he's been brought in which yes i am greatful for, as the other horses are in! But i've arrived there before and he's been mucked out, netted up, fed, and his pyjamas have been shoved on! (which means taking them back off as they leave him caked in mud) Now some of you may think "Ooh i'd love someone to sort my horse for me!" but i go up there, to enjoy spending time with him, and grooming him, and mucking him out - occasionally them doing bits for me is a nice favour! but they don't do it as a favour, they do it because they want him to be in the same routine as their own horses, so it is done THEIR way.. so this, i find a bit interfering! I also get "You dropped a piece of straw" and "You're sweeping up in the wrong direction" and "You rug him up differently to me" - I get calls and texts to ask me when i'm going up the stables today although it makes NO difference whatsoever to her, it's pure noseyness! (SP?) The YO just doesn't trust me, when i've NEVER done anything at all for her to doubt me in the slightest. I'm polite, smiley, always clean up after myself etc. it's just the way she is.. it's like if you're nice you get walked all over?? Odd.

But anyway after the rant.. as most you know i loan Mel off of a lovely lady! She visited me yesterday to tell me she is buying her own 3 acre field and if all goes to plan, we'll be moving him around March time! I'm SO excited because we'll have NO-ONE telling us what to do, and we'll be the bosses of ourself! :biggrin: We need one other livery obviously as he can't be by himself but i'm asking a few friends if they'd be interested! I'm so looking forward to being able to do my own thing without anyone watching my every move! The downfall is we won't have a school anymore and the fields are on more of a hill, but there is a school nearby you can hire and the hacking is better! so happy days! :angel: It's near a VERY popular showground too which means i can just hack him up the road and do day and evening shows which is what i've always wanted!!! So thought i'd let you all know, and get some pics of our new place when we go up there!! :happy:

Last edited:
That is great news! YO and other people are a nuisance sometimes but just grin and bear it until you leave! :happy:

You will always get this tbh on any bigger Yard.

My old YO and I have been friends and 'not friends' lol for the best part of
20 years, in fact, I forget how 'old' I am getting and its more like THIRTY YEARS !! I bow down to her greater knowledge in all honesty and am endlessly thankful for the help she has given me over the years, however that help has been repaid time and time again in different ways.

Years ago though she was one of the people who had a 'set routine' and
anybody who didn't do things the way she did was doing things the 'wrong way' even though their Horses were as well cared for as hers were, lol, this
caused many a row and upset over the Years.

THANKFULLY we have both 'mellowed' over the Years and the Friendship
remains strong, we can sit, chat and laugh about our major fallouts over the
years now, but at the time it wasn't much fun. When I bought Morse, my
first Youngster she asked me if I would like a place at her little Yard, its a
fabulous place and she lives on site. However before jumping at the chance
I said to her we would need to sit and 'talk' and we did, long and hard and
tbh I was there 3 years without to much hassle, as we had reached an understanding before I even
moved there.

At the end of the day though, I wanted my Horse out 24/7 which just
wasn't possible there so I moved to a Yard on my own, thereby achieving
the Horses being out 24/7 if they so desired AND keeping a friendship
I value:wink:

There ain't NOWT like being on your own, making your own decisions and
having all your friends pop in for coffee etc., and leaving again:giggle: However, I have to say,
if I need any help they are all 'there' for me as I would be for them.

I AM very 'easy going' but I HATE 'injustice' whether that be aimed towards
me or anybody else on the Yard and was never a great one for 'keeping my
big gob shut' if I felt somebody was being 'picked on' :giggle: In some ways I miss the big Yard bustle but never
miss the day to day incidences that occur !

In fact I would say now, being on my own, with lots of mates with Horses
in the locality, I have the best of both Worlds:happy: Hang on in there, put up with it and you will soon be outta there:biggrin:

Last edited:
You could be describing my old YO (perhaps you are??). As hard as it is, just stick to your own routine and direction, and ignore her. Lucky you getting your own land - at least you know that your days on this yard are limited.

Bet you can't wait to move! Sounds good. Hope it all works out - it can be a pain being on yard - particularly with an overhelpful YO! (Not saying they are all that way of course).

Yeah i'm so excited! can't wait to just be incharge of our own place, go up there when we want and do what we want! it's very exciting :D

newrider.com