'Interesting' adverts

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Just for fun, what 'interesting' adverts have you seen recently?

I saw one for a foal for full loan, was rescued, full expenses to be paid by loaner and cannot be moved from current yard......I'm not exactly sure who would loan a foal? or why you might? (perhaps if it could be moved, as a companion)

Today it was the used wheelbarrow for sale - frame only :p really?????

There were those bent peacock stirrups I posted on here a while ago too, are people nuts? or do people really pay hard earned cash for these things?

Last edited:
I was just looking for a new light shade for our bathroom. And came across the actual metal fittings that hold the shade - you can even buy these separate if you need to. It's good really, I suppose if you had a particular shade you loved and wanted to keep but the fittings were wonky.

Oh ebay is FULL of strange thngs for sale.:rolleyes:
You'd be surprised who would buy just a barrow frame:p
I have to say I do add the odd " surely that won't sell item" It does.

My claim to fame is ending up with the worst ever rug that hit the h&h forums. I bought it after the buyer because it didn't fit.
And guess what- it sold after that in a lot worse condition. :rolleyes::p
But it's my job - to sell crap.:D

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
It’s when folk advertise like a well used numnah for maybe £3. Nothing else. Just the numnah.
I mean really.....are you that hard up that £3 will make a difference?!
I wouldn't see it that way round.
I would see it that a new owner might want to keep costs down? Or in fact it's not going to be used as a numnah.
Or if you've ever had a youngster you won't want to be using your best stuff on a horse that grows like a weed.

Saying that nothing gets listed for less than £10 as it's done as a bundle.

Someone else's trash is someone else's treasure.

Me again.
I do recall wanting to buy cheap leggings. They weren't going to be used to wear so condition irrelevant.
But someone sold me a pair of tights!!
Got my money back after they were trying to day they might not have got the colour correct- try the item as a whole!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Well, we just bought a new pan and handles for our barrow - £25 quid and it is literally as good as new. So £10 for a frame might be a bargain.
I kind of get that but who generally has a pan and wheel kicking around and just needs a frame, selling parts likely to wear out or break is understandable but the one bit that doesn't?
It’s when folk advertise like a well used numnah for maybe £3. Nothing else. Just the numnah.
i will advertise things locally for next to nothing or free, not because I need 50p but if it's something with life left in and could be of use to someone just getting set up without it being charity.

Hahaha it's surprising how things add up! Maybe they did have other items that have already sold?! Lol I often sell stuff for 99p but sell enough of them.......and you have enough for something new

An advert for a saddle with a broken tree and 3 girth straps missing. Now I know some people like to take apart etc and give it away for that fair enough but they openly advertised this piece of crap with all it's "faults" at a bargain price of £100 :eek: seemingly it would still do as a breaking saddle :confused: though how you attached it was beyond me as the 3 broken girth straps were all one side o_O had to give them credit for their honesty though :rolleyes:

I'll only sell on eBay if it's going to make more than £40. Otherwise not worth the hassle for postage and fees.

£25 and up it goes on our local Facebook for sale board.

Less than that it goes on our community board as a giveaway.

Rode through the village once, bombproof.

Or bombproof in every way, not novice ride.

newrider.com