Insurance- changing horse on a policy??

Lot1983

Oct 16, 2006
The Cotswolds
Hens is midway though his insurance policy, I’ve just submitted a claim for his hoof injury. So, having sold Hens I need to insure Bailey, if I contact KBIS will they change my policy over to the new pony, even though I’ve made a claim for Henry? Will my premiums go down as I have a healthy native as opposed to an ex-racehorse? (Hens was insured for £2.5k and Bailey will be insured for under £1k)

Has anyone ever done this before?

The new policy will be for the new horse.

If you have sold the other horse you need to cancel the policy. I wouldn't think they will pay out on a horse you no longer own?

Wouldn't it be a bit like car insurance? When you sell a car, you can just ring up the company and tell them you changed it and you can also amend a policy? Happened to me this year, the buggers actually charged £100 for a newer car though.

The new policy will be for the new horse.

If you have sold the other horse you need to cancel the policy. I wouldn't think they will pay out on a horse you no longer own?

I owned him at the time of the accident but they didn't send the claim forms to me, so I had to request them again. There will be no issue with them paying for an incident that happened a month ago.

Should be a totally new policy and nothing to do with previous claims on Henry or anything else. Same as a car.

Does this mean they'll charge me a bomb for cancelling Henry's policy? Normally with cars if you have a claim you have to pay a small fortune to cancel it but if you insure your next car with them they can sort it out??

Does this mean they'll charge me a bomb for cancelling Henry's policy? Normally with cars if you have a claim you have to pay a small fortune to cancel it but if you insure your next car with them they can sort it out??

Never heard out that, I'd be staying away from that company!

I've just had to cancel my car off our joint policy mid-term and they said that if there had been any claims they would have had to have been taken into account... pah, will send forms back to insurance for this claim, let them process it and then ask! :D

See this is what happens when you are away for a couple of weeks - what has happened to Hens?????

newrider.com