ingenious ways

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
To fill a hole about 6cms wide where a plug used to be in a bath.

Have tried stuffing the hole. Duct tape. Even superglueing a tarp over a hole.

Have you tried putting the plug in from the bottom ie underneath and taping it in place ? You can get rubber plugs relatively inexpensively in hardware stores. I have no practical experience of whether it works, it's just what I would try!

Hole is to big. There used to be a plug and fitting in it, but before it came to me it had that and all of the silicone underneath removed so the hole is bigger than a plug :(

Make sure its bone dry then fill with silicone - you can get if from Honebase. Just not sure what else you'll use the silicone up on as it comes in quite big tubes!!!

Ive had a look for just the fitting but they come with the full overflow system :/ diy shops are miles away and not on a bus route or id go have a look. May see if b&q had them and how much to deliver

Ive had a look for just the fitting but they come with the full overflow system :/ diy shops are miles away and not on a bus route or id go have a look. May see if b&q had them and how much to deliver

I think fiberglass would be a good way to go. Then it will dry solid wont it! Good thinking guys

What about one of those big flat kitchen sink plugs? It just sits on top of the hole and the water holds it in place.

Ive tried one of them. The hole is a couple of mm to big :( its currently under some duct tape in the bottom of the bath, our last attempt :( the people who ripped the plug out sure made things difficult haha. Im guessing they wanted to keep the fittings as its a gorgeous higher at one side roll top bath. Amazing what you find at the tip!

newrider.com