In hand showing outfit help!

hetty

Oct 24, 2014
hi I am taking my loan pony to a show to do in hand showing and I am a bit stuck on what to wear, I have a navy show jacket, white shirt, tie and white or beige jodhpurs. I know you are meant to wear trousers and that they should be a different colour to the ponies legs, so I was wondering if I could wear the white jodhpurs (she's a black pony) or if I would look out of place.
Thanks for any help!

In our local shows people tend to wear riding clothes more often than plain trousers. Your outfit sounds fine to me, but I'd go for the beige jodhs rather than white. But I haven't been to that many shows, so maybe someone will tell you different.

Basically you need to be smart for in hand showing and I have seen everything from full kit to pink floaty cocktail dresses in the ring. The judge is judging the horse not the handler. Though turning up in the ring like a scruff is not going to win you ribbons, wearing any smart gear with a hat , gloves and show cane will not be frowned upon.

Here it is very common for Shetland show gear to be some kind of Fair Isle gansey over plain trousers, with had and gloves. IN Denmark they all wear white, no riding gear, white trousers , white sweatshirt or jacket. The reaosn being if everyone wears plain white top and bottom the judge will not be distracted from the action of the pony, by different handler's attire. It looked very odd when I first saw it I must cconfess. :D

newrider.com