In Bits

Claire1605

Apr 25, 2008
Essex
As some of you may know myself and my OH have decided that we can no longer keep my beloved Victory.

Due to moving house (used to keep horses at home) Victory has been on full livery since October last year.

I have two sons who take up most of my time with after school rugby, football and air cadets and the same at weekends and I work nearly full time so have found it a struggle to get to the yard and ride. I'm lucky if I ride twice a week, even then it is rushed, which doesn't make it enjoyable.

I love that horse to bits and thought we would grow old together. I would do anything for him. He is my 3rd son.

Well, we have decided that paying £600 pm for full livery, insurance, farrier etc is just not justifiable and I just don't get time to do him myself on DIY etc.

I put out some feelers this week with his previous owner and my RI and horsey friends, Essex Rider etc, as he has to go to a 5* loving home through someone I know. There is no way I am advertising him on Horsemart etc,

Well his ex owner has come up trumps. He is going back to the yard I bought him from and I am not asking a penny for him or his tack. That is not an issue. I don't care if I could get £6000 for him. Money is nothing compared to his well being.

He has to go to the best home ever and the lady who is taking him will give him a home for life and is such a lovely lady I couldn't have asked for more.

I am in bits. He could go as early as this Saturday. Now I know he is going to be well loved and looked after but I can't imagine not seeing him, riding him, even smelling him again.

I have messaged BnP on here as she is in a similar boat to me so we are going to support each other through this tough time....

Sorry if I have bored you but had to share.

So sorry to hear about you and Victory but im sure you have agonised over this decision and doing what is best, no-one will think badly of you and im sure you can always visit Victory in his new home, hugs x

Sometimes life gets in the way of the things we love to do but you know this is for the best and Victory will be loved and most importantly wanted.

Hugs to you for being so brave.

I really feel for you hun, I honestly do :(

I guess at least he is going somewhere you know and to someone who will care for him as you would. It must be so heartbreaking for you though, sending lots of hugs.

So sorry to hear life is so tough for you right now, Claire. What a strong and brave thing you are doing for Victory, and for your family. You have found him a great home to go to... you have really done your best for your lovely 'third son'.

Stay strong. Hope you see the sunshine in your dark skies soon. xxx

You haven't bored me. I feel deeply for you, just find a good home, that's is the most important thing.

We all have commitments, so do not feel bad. It will work out

Hugs xxxx nothing useful to add as I too would be in bits xxx

Ps would a loan agreement be of benefit? Incase your circs changed and or so you can check it all works out at new home first?

Ditto PFB just in case your circumstances change.

It must be a hard and heart breaking decision emotionally, but when it comes to horses and family, family come first and you are putting the good of all first. So sad that it had to be this way though xx

I am so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how gutted you must be. However, I hope you take some comfort in knowing that your boy has a great new home. I admire your selflessness in
Putting Victory and your family above your own needs and wants. Hats off to you x x x

I didnt know you couldnt keep him, I am so sorry for you Claire as I know how much you love the bones of that horse. I can feel from just reading your post how much this hurts, very very sorry its comes to this... is he going as sold or loan in case things change in the future?

I am so sorry to read this - your upset must be dreadful. I can only send you virtual comfort vibes - and offer up an ear if you need sonebody to listen to you. You are very big hearted in that you have made this hard choice - I am sure good things will happen for you and that he will be just fine in his new home. Loads of support coming from "up North" if you need it. And you know if you are ever up this way you are more than welcome to come and get a horsey fix at The Trewsers yard (Chloe works magic).Txxxx

I am so sorry, can only imagine how painful it must be, but you have done the very best for him and it sounds a wonderful home.

Thanks everyone .. you're all so lovely :smile:

Victory is definitely going on Saturday.

His new owner says I am very welcome to pop over and see him any time I like and she will keep me updated on his progress.

I am trying to keep strong. I have to be strong to get him loaded on the trailer. Luckily his ex owner is coming to help too so I will have plenty of support :smile:

newrider.com