Important update on horse theives

Status
Not open for further replies.

beating_hooves

Addictee
Aug 27, 2007
West Yorkshire
Just recieved this email from my Pony Club..

dear all,

not sure if you know but horses are being stolen from all areas at the moment. yesterday a black & white 3yr old 14.2hh was stolen from a field, she brings her children to ride at mine. it was stolen from a field in the afternoon, stone walls locked gate no breaking in area could be seen, they left her other pony in field and the red land cruiser was seen around that day. it was station road opposite the riding habit tack shop. there are details and pics of the pony on her internet site www.freyaleigh-kennels.co.uk for all to view and print out pics to put up.
red landcruiser
white van reg N253 XAJ
blue vw
they are using bakery vans, fruit & veg vans & furniture vans to transport horses in to stop them from being stopped and checked
9 coloured cobs gone from cannock monday
5 in lichfield sunday
3 from cullingworth
2 been photographed in field hebden bridge
5 from broomhill keighley area
2 from bacup

the horses in cannock and lichfield were not stolen, i spoke to both derbyshire and nottinghamshire police yesterday, no horses in these areas have been stolen how ever afew people have reported people taking pics, and tack has been stolen

9 coloured cobs gone from cannock monday
5 in lichfield sunday
I heard this too, why would someone make this up?
If they were stolen though wouldn't it be on the news

Had a lesson last night talked about the thefts and what was true or not and our instructor said the thefts from Cannock were true as she had been contacted by the piebald and skewbald association - she judges etc. Now I'm very confused if this wasn't true.:confused:

there are a lot of people on here, no one seems to have had there horses stolen?. if so many horses are going missing why is it not on tv or in the papers? the police know nothing.

i spoke with the horse liason officer of derbyshire horse watch and he assured me no horses in the midlands have been stolen not even the ones in cannock or lichfield just a vicious rumour, i cannot speak for other countys dont take nothing on hear say pick your phone up and call your local station, its the only way you are going to find out the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
newrider.com