Im struggling with the Parellie Yo Yo game and advice?

Well at the moment were really struggling to master the Yo Yo game at all.

She is great with the first 2 games, lets me stroke her everywhere she yields away from pressure. but this game has totally stomped up. :confused:

She is a very very stubborn little madame at times. So when I wiggle lead rope etc.. and do how people do it and the video and books. Nothing makes her even take a tiny step back. Nothing.

Does anybody have some advice they could offer? Am I missing the most important thing?

Thanks x

Maybe she doesn't understand.Phase one is the look and hand movement so try that and ask her to move back with your hand.As soon as she makes the slightest give then give her a rub and wait.
If she's left brain as you suggest you could be "shouting" at her and she's taking afront.I have to be so careful with Malaga as what I think is just a suggestion he thinks is downright rude:)

Game 1, she just stands there. I can rub her all over with anything, bags, the rope the lot. She isn't fussed by anything.

Game 2, she yields to the pressure placed upon her chest after placing my fingers on her chest she will go backwards. She enjoys that. :) She will move her hindquarters which ever way and she moves her front end but she struggles with this more than backwards and her bum.

But now naturally i'm trying to progress on to the next game. Ive tried shaking the rope and tapping the stick on the floor. She just looks at me as if i'm daft and plants her feet.

Dont give up, there's lots like her on here!!! Defiance springs to mind!

Front end yield. - horses that appear to find this more difficult are actually dominant! Horses' in the wild can move all areas easily, but because we want and they dont, they make you think they find it hard! Not at all! Do lots of this move.

What are you doing as a reward? This type of horse wants to know "whats in it for them"? So, ask for the tiniest try and then make a huge fuss - they will start to offer more. If you demand they lock up.

Back up. You say you can do it by putting your ahnd on her chest. Keep doing it this way until she will move off a light touch from your finger. Next, back her up by placing your hand over her nose.

From there, stand in front of her and using one hand to give the finger /rope waggle use your stick at the same time and apply pressure to her chest.

All the time exert patience, lots of it. Think of a very looooonnnng phase one - these horses are thinkers and you must give em time to do so. (count to sixty before applying any more pressure!)

Remeber to reward the slightest try. (It helps if you can become overly excited - like you've just won the lottery !)

Parelli tips

I am a level 2 student who hasn't posted B4.Presuming you have the level 1 dvd pack, check your hinges for the 4 phases when backing her away are clear and consistant in their timing.Check your own facial expression and B ready to use phase 4 which it sound like you may not have found yet for your horse. You may only have to go there once but she needs to know that you WILL go there.Don't stop untill you get the slightest try, then stop, smile and rub her. My pony yo-yo's at liberty with a lovely look on her face from a small finger movement but you need to follow the levels program. In level 1 you will need to keep checking that your friendly,porcupine and driving games have not broken. Go through all 7 games in order to start with and go back to the first 3 to fix any problems.Doing all 7 games will stop your horse getting bored whilst you are learning these basic communication skills.Is their any one (level 2 plus) near you or at your yard who could come over and work with you even just for one session.To watch someone who can read your horse well as they go through the games with you is a tremendous help.
New learning experiences are never easy but so worth the effort. Good Luck

I am doing my level 1 with Bens owner, and i can do most of the games with him, but try as i might ti get him to porcupins his front quarters on 1 side, no i cant, nor drive him front end, he refuses to move and the 4th phase he runs ahead, yo yo, i had bother for a while, but what works with me is not the wiggle, i point with 2 fingers and make a backward motion, he goes fine now, but to start he refused, pullingg faces, trying to bite out at me. The sideways game, i can do a few steps on 1 side, other side he runs a circle round me, i cant get near hs shouler, and this is not the same side as his bad porcupine front, its opposite.
You will get there it may take a while but it will come, try looking on you tube parelli games for ideas?

newrider.com