I'm so proud of snowy!!!

Anro

Boo!
Jan 4, 2007
Ireland
For those who don't know Snowy he's a Shetland pony who we found on the road! (really we did!) and the owner's said we could keep him (probably because he was untouchable :rolleyes:) well he was abused so was very scared of people and wouldn't let us touch him so about a month or 2 ago I decided to try clicker training so since then he's let me run my hands along his body (although not under him he's very touchy there) put my arm and a rope over his neck and as of today

put a headcoller on him!!!!!!

I'm so proud of him he barley even batted an eyelid:D:D:D:D
I'll try and get a pic of him modeling Merrylegs' 2 sizes to big headcoller on Thursday (Mam's dragging me away Tuesday and Wednesday:mad::rolleyes:)

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done!!! I know the feeling - ive been riding for +-10yrs now and own 2 of my own horses which were rescue cases, i also have another horse at my place that i am currently re-backing for a client that wants to sell him in the near future. I had rescued a pony 14hh 11yo black gelding, and horse 2 years ago and brought them home....unfortunately due to previous starvation, and old age, the horse died a month later. On a lighter note, Icarus (the pony) is now fat, happy and very healthy. When i first got him he was so headshy from being hit in the face by his previous male owner that we couldnt even get the halter on him! He now has been trained to jump (bareback with a neckstring or halter), and teaches small children how to ride as he is totally bombproof!!! So off i went looking for another horse as a companion for this little pony and my mother spotted this 15.2hh bay crossbreed gelding for sale,, or to swop for a milking machine. We bargained the price down to R900 as he was in very bad condition, had no muscle tone and the owners had no more food to feed him. Through carefull training and feed management he is now doing so well! I am so proud of them both, and am happy to have given another chance. They both compete in showjumping, love life and give there all... I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!! . how old and what height is Snowy?

hope all goes well:) and please let me know how it goes, kind regards G

Awwww.... sweet!!!! Sounds very very cute;) Have you had any other horses? or do you have any others now?

when we first found snowy we had a welsh sec a but he was very old and died 2 years ago so Last year we got Merrylegs :)

OMG that's amazing :D

Such a huge acheivement with a little fellow with such issues to start with.

Here, have a virtual glass of something nice on me to celebrate :p

HAHAhaha! Good one;) 'Joyscarer'

Is Merrylegs a pony too? And do you ride at the moment?

Regards G

Yes she's a pony too (By about 2 inches lol) I'm not really riding at the moment because Merrylegs has a sore back so I have to get the phisio out.

newrider.com