I'm SO angry right now!

NuttyMare

Woody Be Mine
Aug 5, 2003
England
s7.invisionfree.com
So I've just come in from school, feeling crap, suffering from heat exhaustion, was in the kitchen having a bite to eat, when my sister walks in, smug, with her boyfriend in tow. So I was getting on with my own business when my sister says "Ollie nearly kicked me today" to my mum. So...half an ear was open now. "What, in the field?" "Oh no, on the hack."

"But your horse is lame?"

"I didn't ride my horse"

"What?"

"I rode Woody....since he NEEDS to be worked." This stupid smug grin cracks over her face.

I had to hold my tongue since her boyfriend was there and she would just mock me, but as soon as she was gone, I just burst into tears. Why?

I've told her SEVERAL times that he's not to be ridden in that saddle, as it doesn't fit and I dont want anything that doesnt fit anywhere near his back.

I've also told her that she has to ask before she rides him, as I have planned to ride him or work him that evening.

He was worked YESTERDAY. I longreined him for goodness sake! Its not as if I haven't touched him or made him work for weeks on end!

But oh no, little miss "i-know-better-than-you-about-everything-to-do-with-your-horse" had to step in and give me this crap. I'm absolutely fuming right now. She's now going to gloat to my Dad about how SHE's working MY horse because IM not. Then she's going to score more brownie points with him. My mum, fortunately is on my side. But I am so mad! She doesnt know best about EVERYTHING! Especially interfering with MY horse's routine and care!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'd be so angry too. If it were me well I'd turn the water works onto your dad if you can. Ok I know that's a bit sneaky but play her at her own game. Plus you have your mum who understands how you feel so she can help. Can't you hide your saddle or something?

Oh, I like that idea DPC! Can you keep all your tack locked up in a locker or something that only you have the key to? Or nick the girth and take it to school with you or summat...

Oh what a b***ch!!

Seriously smack her in the face...no don't do that.

Excuse my stupidness but if you hide woody ;) :D then she'll never be able to ride him, great idea me thinks! :D

Sounds like the only way is to have your parents ban her from riding him and make sure they mean it. Which means you need to talk to your parents and explaim how you feel. Need to be careful you don't sound petty or childish and maybe writing down how you feel might help.

Alternativly you could play her at her own game and start riding her horse without asking. See how she feels then.

Pink's lady said:
Alternativly you could play her at her own game and start riding her horse without asking. See how she feels then.
Ohh, am liking that idea. Mind you, she sounds like she'd go spare and it wouldn't help NM's case!

Let her come and live here for a week, promise the 'attitude adjustment' programme in this house would soon send her home a human being at least! I really would have smacked her smug little face in front of her boyfriend!

Or you should have asked her how her piles were infront of him. The look on her face would have been PRICELESS!!

A phrase like 'But I thought the doctor said you couldn't ride with piles' OR 'But I thought the doctor advised you not to ride whilst your pregnant'

The latter would get the boyfriend feeling pretty sick.

Classy Bobbin! Or the ever popular... 'So, was [insert name of old flame here] mowing his lawn again? I know you can't resist a chance for a cuppa and a chat when you ride past!'

horseygal90 said:
Classy Bobbin! Or the ever popular... 'So, was [insert name of old flame here] mowing his lawn again? I know you can't resist a chance for a cuppa and a chat when you ride past!'

And add on the end 'He's so yummy has he still got a six pack'
:D

Or you could tell her that the spotty greasy haired youth that lives down the road wants to know when they are going out on another date to the train spotting society?

Bobbin said:
Or you should have asked her how her piles were infront of him. The look on her face would have been PRICELESS!!

A phrase like 'But I thought the doctor said you couldn't ride with piles' OR 'But I thought the doctor advised you not to ride whilst your pregnant'

The latter would get the boyfriend feeling pretty sick.

Ooh... I think I want to be there to see the boyfriend's face now!!!

Seriously, Nuttymare.... I think you need to explain to your parents why Woody should NOT be ridden in an ill-fitting saddle for starters. Like Pink's Lady suggests, write it all down... that will show that you have given it some proper thought and you will be able to go through your gripes without forgetting anything. I don't have brothers or sisters so I can't imagine how stressful they must be...

Let us know how you get on....

I like Bobbins suggestion :D.

How about moving Woody to another place without telling her?! Or feed Woody a bucketful of oats the night before she rides - that'll put her off :D

I really think she needs a slap though:p

Jenny xx

newrider.com