I'm not sure if anyone did want to sponsor me?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
https://www.justgiving.com/sheldrakeandcheadle/
A while ago I mentioned that I'm doing a half marathon in September and someone said they would sponsor me. If anyone would like to here's the link :)

I'm raising money for cancer research. My grandad died of lung cancer, my grandma had skin cancer and survived, my nan had breast cancer and survived.

And mainly for my mum who was diagnosed when I was 15 with stage 3/4 cancer in both breasts. She was given a small survival chance but she fought with everything she had and eventually got the all clear last year, I am now 24 so gives you an idea of how long she fought for.
So every year I vouch to do something for charity as my way of helping others going through what she did

Reactions: Trewsers
done :) thank you for doing something for such a good cause.

My dad is currently under going radiotherapy due to the return of his bowel cancer :( and my nan has just recovered from having colon cancer removed......i'm going to the doctors tomorrow to enquire about gene testing, didn't sleep a wink last night stressing about the doctor telling me to eff off!

Thankyou very much for the support.

Sorry to hear about both of them suffering, my mums best friend had bowel cancer a few years ago and its horrible but that's all I know. She is almost fully recovered now though so fingers crossed it won't be long before your dad is feeling better and hope your nan is over the worst now. Thankyou again really appreciate the suport

done :) thank you for doing something for such a good cause.

My dad is currently under going radiotherapy due to the return of his bowel cancer :( and my nan has just recovered from having colon cancer removed......i'm going to the doctors tomorrow to enquire about gene testing, didn't sleep a wink last night stressing about the doctor telling me to eff off!

Mr T's father died of bowel cancer at only age 50 so we have always worried. Fate stepped in a few years ago tho as Mr T has UC and has to be screened regularly so hopefully it won't get a chance to get a foot hold - and if there is something brewing the surgeon will catch it early on. He's not been offered gene testing. Tbh I don't know much about it.
Sorry to hear about your Dad - but things are getting better treatment wise, Mr T's father had no idea he had it. It came as a shock - if they had caught it early he may have been okay - am going back 23 years.

Thankyou so much, very generous of you! Nothing I want to do less on a boiling hot evening after work than go for a run but you have helped to motivate me tonight!

Thankyou so much, any amount means a lot to me :) really appreciate all your support

Just thought I would bump this once in case anyone who missed it did want to donate, only time I'm going to do it though
I don't want to pester everyone with it :)

Pester away! Tis for a good cause.

It is but I've been told by people before that I ask for money for charity too much (I usually do some sort of 'challenge' twice a year) so I now feel bad for asking which is silly really!

newrider.com