I'm lame and on box rest!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I've had a pair of Kanyon Gorse X Rider boots for two years. I have sensiyive feet so I was delighted when they were so comfortable from the word go and thusly they have been worn a LOT. However, I wore them for the day when I went to Blenheim last month and out of the blue they weirdly rubbed a blister under my left little toe. As the ground has got more muddy since then, I've reverted to my trusty wellies but as I went to Broadway HT today as groom for a friend, I thought that wellies would make my feet sweat too much in this mild weather, so I dug out the Kanyons again, totally forgetting about the last time I wore them!

Ouch! Walking the XC course up and down a hillside killed my feet again. I have no idea why they have suddenly gone like this, maybe they've just reached the end of their life. In any case my sensitive tootsies are red raw in places, sore and achey.

i feel your pain :( i had a lovely few days away in majorca this week and got back last night. I guess im not used to walking about in either bare feet or flat ballet pumps as ive now got tendonitis across the top of my foot and its bloody agony.

Oh no, I'm having the boot headache at the moment, my trusty Ariat Terrains have changed style, I've been wearing the new ones for maybe 8 weeks and the heel inside has started to disintegrate and is rubbing my heel terribly, I've contacted the retailer and Ariat but even if they replace them I think its because the ankle on the new ones is slightly taller then the old ones so they may just not suit me now :(

Oh that's disappointing @Jessey !! My next fave boots for comfort were Ariat Tellurides.... But if they they have changed the design of
the Terrains, chances are they've changed them too! Bugger!

Oh well....guess I will be boot testing at YHL next month then!!! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessey
Oh that's disappointing @Jessey !! My next fave boots for comfort were Ariat Tellurides.... But if they they have changed the design off the Terrains, chances are they've changed them too! Bugger!

Oh well....guess I will be boot testing at YHL next month then!!! :p
Oo that's a good idea, I might just HAVE to go, it will save me in the long run by not ordering boots that I end up not liking :)

Reactions: domane
@domane lots of healing vibes. I jumped down off Zi a few weeks ago and landed hard - and coupled with wearing wellies too much have managed to give myself an awful sprain. I can't do boxrest tho!!! So I just keep applying Storm's ice packs. Hope you've got some stable toys if you're box resting:p

Oo that's a good idea, I might just HAVE to go, it will save me in the long run by not ordering boots that I end up not liking :)
Dash and darn, looks like I won't have an excuse to go to YHL, Ariat are replacing my boots under warranty and are going to upgrade me to the Pro's so hopefully I will have more luck with those :D

Reactions: domane
newrider.com