I'm having a bad week

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
So still sporting this cold. I shall be thanking the person later who gave it to me when I see them.
Tuesday I got up, feeling rubbish, thought I would do steam inhalation with a towel over my head to loosen the cold. So having done it, I lifted myself away caught the bowl with the towel and managed to tip the entire contents of very hot water down my front. Fortunately I had a nightdress on so pulled it away from my skin but the damage was done, I burned myself all down the left side from my breast, down my stomach to my knee. I then spent half hour stood in the shower with the water on full cold. My skin burned most of Tuesday. The skin is still red now but didn't blister.
Yesterday I decide to go for a hack and they do a short jump session. I get in the field to jump and the people next door have just acquired some ponies at the weekend, so they were riding around in there field. My two are all very spritely wondering what they are doing there. So Billy was not focused properly. He went to the jump, launching himself from miles away, then put in so much effort to jump it that I went down his neck. Hanging to one side I made the exit. Walked away with a grazed knee a little stiff in the neck and a headache. I wasnt aware of landing on my head. Think it was just whip lash. Was a soft landing or so I thought.
This morning. I am coughing up yellow muck. My neck is stiff and I have a headache. Oh and the cattle who were let out onto all the fresh grazing at the weekend clearly don't appreciate as they have been kicking up merry hell outside my window since 4.30 this morning. So I haven't got much sleep.
Excellent start to the day. I wish I could stay in bed, but I have to find the strength to go to work. Poo.

Oh no, that doesn't sound very good at all! Wishing you a super speedy recovery and no more mishaps x

What a horrid time you are having. Sounds very much like you need a break and some rest.

My last cold I caught in April is till hanging in now three weeks later and I know others that are the sane but you need to rest to get over it.

The burn sounds awful please be careful.

Flippin heck, that does sound a bad week. Hope it gets better for you. Sending lots of get well soon vibes for the cold and the sore bits x

newrider.com