I'm going bike shopping :D picture added :)

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I realise not many of you will probably share my enthusiasm haha but I'm very excited.

I've been saving up all winter and today I'm going to try a bike I think will be perfect!! I've really got into off road riding this year and I've got a 75mile ride end of September to train for so having a semi decent bike will make it much more enjoyable! I've been going on 30 mile rides in the woods once a week lately but if I meet any other riders I feel like they are laughing at me on my old banger of a bike. Can't wait to go zooming around on my new bike :D

I've got two mountain bikes I need to get rid of lol! They'd not be good enough for you - I won them years ago! They've had some use - but not much. I'm going to stick them on ebay and hope someone will come and collect them! Shame really as one got damaged by the builders, they shoved something on top of the wheel on mine and one of the spokes is damaged. Oh well maybe spares and repairs on ebay?! They're not moving house with me that's for sure!
Hope you enjoy your bike shopping. What brand are you looking for? Or does that not matter?

Reactions: MrA
If they are the right price someone will snap them up, they can pick up new wheels quite cheap too so I'm sure that won't put them off :) I'll take a piccy and post it later if I do end up ordering it, need to try it first but its highly reviewed and great spec. Leaving in a mo :D

Reactions: Trewsers
75 miles off road is good going!!! Hard enough to go that far on-road. Have you ever tried cyclo-cross? Or one of the continuous events like Mountain Mayhem? I've done 24 hr endurance events for running and have friends that do the MTB ones every year. They are great fun,

I wanted to get back on the bike to keep myself fit and bike on a few days to work. I narrow down to two bikes back in November. Then injured myself out on a run, so I scrapped the idea of getting a bike for a bit. I have thought about going and getting one again now its spring. But I strained another muscle in my leg two weeks ago so its another excuse not to just yet.

I'd love to do a 24 hour ride! I'm building up to doing one eventually. Its just getting the fitness to be able to do that and fitting the training in around everything. Also I don't know if you find this KP but I end up doing all these things alone as no one else I know likes cycling and sometimes I wish I had someone to share the excitement with! But I've done 100miles on road so I'm looking forward to a new challenge. Only problem is I'm not very good at off roading yet haha

Exciting stuff, I have my sisters old bike, it's too big for me and old with no suspension, I did one 8 mile off road ride and had a bruised bum for days :confused:

Exciting stuff, I have my sisters old bike, it's too big for me and old with no suspension, I did one 8 mile off road ride and had a bruised bum for days :confused:

If you want to send a courier you can have the choice of my mountain bike or OH's!lol only mine has a wonky wheel. I just don't want them to go to waste and get left behind when we move. They are Claude Butler - Falcons. Probably out of date now mind!

Reactions: Jessey
Thanks trews, Im not using mine much, though trying to make time to get out more but it does its job for road work which is all my knees can manage really anyways

Reactions: Trewsers
Ale, I've done two 24 hour runs solo. But I did have a support crew both times. Wouldn't your boyfriend crew for you? The atmosphere on these 24 hour events is amazing and doing it solo is great too - it's a real physical, mental and emotional challenge which I love.

Its such a great bike, had so much fun on it and done 165 miles already :) sadly today its going back as there is a fault on it which I'm not sure they will be able to fix, its doesn't really affect the ride but I imagine they will have to just swap the whole frame :( :(

Oh I like that I do, workmanlike. I found my push bike in a skip. Nothing wrong with it, just needed a bit of TLC.

newrider.com