I'm dreaming of a white....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
... EASTER!!!!:frown:

Yup.....minus seven and snow forecast here (Shropshire) for the Easter weekend!!!!!

:redcarded:

It really is :poop:

I've not checked the weather forecast for that far ahead but we have low temperatures and snow forecast for this weekend.

I'm hoping that maybe the weather will make it up to us by providing a nice warm summer.... too much to expect!?:tongue:

Oh dear ! More snow?! Surely not!!! Oh well - where there's snow there's not mud hopefully...... I am beginning to feel like an extra in the film Groundhog Day! Woke up to snow furries again this morning!!!

I am getting so really fed up with it. Three horses, stuck in a field covered in mud. I am totally sick of hanging round the house. I would spring clean but there is absolutely no chance of hanging curtains etc out on the line to dry. Cloudy grey and freezing here with intermittent rain. Even my back garden looks like a pigs wallowing hole. If it would warm up a bit it would be something.

I want to emigrate:frown:

Lol Tina - can I emigrate with you?!!!!

OH keeps saying we should go and live in Spain - sell up - go live in an apartment....
I would miss horses too much tho...

Ive been very lucky here, Havent seen a flake yet of snow this year, I think there was one frost and a slight dusting of dandruff one afternoon :redcarded:

We've had heaps of snow this year, but luckily it's generally only lasted a couple of days each time. The last two days we've had two inches in the morning, it's snowed all day but when I get home it's all gone, not lying. I love the snow!!

Well.... I feel marginally pacified after reading on HHO that it snowed at Easter in 1976. Let's just wait and see whether we get a summer like THAT though....

Well.... I feel marginally pacified after reading on HHO that it snowed at Easter in 1976. Let's just wait and see whether we get a summer like THAT though....

Oh wow, the summer of '76 - I was only 6 and a half! Lol but I remember it being jolly hot all the same...............

Well as soon as the words Easter,bank holiday,school holidays and lambing are mentioned I never expect good weather!

Well don't emigrate to France, it's been hideous here too! And you might want to avoid Italy, has its fair share of awful winters as well. And actually the Algarve wasn't that good in the winter cos it's so wet. So yeah none of those places :tongue:

1976 was a great summer to be a teenager living near a beach.
Although actually I think we spent most days of the school holidays at the open air swimming baths - hundreds of sunburned kids, happy days :giggle:

1976 was a great summer to be a teenager living near a beach.
Although actually I think we spent most days of the school holidays at the open air swimming baths - hundreds of sunburned kids, happy days :giggle:

I was 14, spent ALL the time with a bunch of mates at the open air swimming pool (art deco, fountain and all!)

Oh Happy Days :)

The summer of 1976 was one of the best seasons of my life. We had moved down to the south coast and ended up living for six months in a spacious caravan on a beautiful site. I had left an all-girls secondary school in Middx and was enrolled in a mixed school so suddenly there were BOYS! My mum and stepdad were taking a gap year from working so I'd get home from school, jump on my trusty Chopper bike (with rope for "reins") and cycle down to the beach and dive straight into the sea. I'd also wangled a pony on loan so when the heat of the day started to dissipate, I'd cycle home, grab my bridle and go vault onto said pony and ride for hours up on the south downs until it got dark.

Fab times....

Oh Domane, how depressing, I live about 50-60 miles from you in the welsh mountains, so it is generally colder and heavier snowfall.:cry:

We had a generous covering last night with heavy snow forecast for tomorrow night and Friday.

Come on spring, hurry the f*** up!:tongue:

newrider.com