I'm buzzing :)

lyneveanderson

wish I was riding :(
Aug 18, 2008
Aberdeen
Today was my first lesson since before christmas. I only restarted at the end of November and I think this would make this lesson number 4. The first two lessons I really felt like I wasn't getting it, lesson number four was only a half hour as I was the only person there but wished I'd had an hour as things were really beginning to click.

So I was nervous today that the confidence that I had would have left me! But I think i remembered most of it! The horse I rode was the second one I rode at the school (on my first lesson, I didn't have a crop and he just wouldn't go!!) and he was like a different horse. He was responsive and forward going :)

We did some riding without stirrups and some jumps. I was first up with the jumps and I was a bit nervous - he knew and basically stepped out :( But the second time round I was a lot more forceful and what a difference :)

It was fantastic... I am just rambling but i feel so much better :)

Hello lyneveanderson,

That sounds great, its so addictive, isn't it?

I started riding again two years ago, I find it goes it fits and starts. I think I've made an improvement and then I'll go and have a really bad lesson when everything goes wrong... In my case, progress is not linear!

But hey, if its was easy it wouldn't be so much fun, would it ... :rolleyes:

Well done, sounds like you had a great time, you should have a bit more confidence in yourself (I know easier said than done), but jumping on your 4th lesson :eek:, that's brilliant, keep up the good work.

I'm returning to riding after an approx 10 year gap, so jumping wasn't too bad (I used to do various sj as a teenager), I find the leg yielding and stuff more challenging at the minute.

I think I want to do a couple of long hacks later in the year but don't really know where to go - as they dont do these at the yard I'm at. I might travel outside my local area, maybe even a wee couple of days away... I don't know :)

newrider.com