I'm absolutely heartbroken and shocked

I'm with everyone else ... so glad your family are all OK. I have a friend who is in Christchurch on a work placement and was SO relieved to hear he was OK via FB yesterday morning. Hugs and prayers to you all xx

Such devastation - so sudden! Thinking of you all - I so glad your family are OK, Cochise. There are some firefighters there from Christchurch here in Dorset; they were saying on the news that they hope to rescuing people for at least two days yet - they're not giving up hope.

I got my Mum out of Christchurch today!!! Mega stressful organising a wheelchair access and oxygen from Auckland in the middle of my work day, but she's staying with her sister in Wanganui! One less thing for me to worry about! She'll continue her chemo up there.

What a relief for you knowing your mother is safe, I had no idea she wasn't well, so best wishes for her.

I have just heard that my cousin's son was at the airport in Christchurch waiting to fly home to here when the earthquake happened and tore up the runway :frown: He is still stuck out there for now, but was unhurt, phew!

So sorry for everyone involved. Awful - nature is such a powerful and random force when it lets rip. Christchurch is a beautiful, beautiful city.

Kiwis are a strong and resilient people, and the community will pull through all this heartache. Thinking of everyone out there at the moment

Hi Cochise, there seems to be so much natural disaster over the last few years, makes you wonder what is happening to this world. I hope your mum is OK and send you my best wishes, it must be terrible for everyone in Christchurch. (((((( Hugs)))))

newrider.com