If you were to buy your vet a gift

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
What would you get them?

My vet has been absolutely the most incredible vet and has saved me a small gold mine this year by not doing unnecessary investigations, when I know for sure some other vets would insist on it. Lucy also puts up with my constant questions and indulges my thirst for knowledge always in good spirits, so I would like to get her a thank you, but really don't know what :)

Reactions: lauren123
If Ben is given the all clear when he comes off box rest I will buy my vet a present as well. I don't know what to give him either.

Alcohol is the obvious answer I guess.

Reactions: lauren123
I really didn't want to go the alcohol route, its such a fleeting gift ;) :p I was thinking a nice pen or diary or something to keep/use, @lauren123 came up with a 'super vet' travel mug
Not only is it fleeting, not everyone drinks alcohol and maybe wouldn't appreciate it.
I'd go with something they can keep too, I bought my physio a really lovely paperweight for her desk when she left the practice. I know that's a bit old fashioned though, so yes maybe a pen or a pretty notebook or travel mug would be good.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Not only is it fleeting, not everyone drinks alcohol and maybe wouldn't appreciate it.
I'd go with something they can keep too, I bought my physio a really lovely paperweight for her desk when she left the practice. I know that's a bit old fashioned though, so yes maybe a pen or a pretty notebook or travel mug would be good.

That sounds lovely, a paperweight. Might be traditional but I think lovely and something to keep.

When a vet who'd got us through a very tough time & gone way past her job detail left I got her a necklace.

Reactions: Jessey
Vets spend more time on the road than in an office, so I’d be tempted to go more along the travel mug route than the paperweight.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com