If you could ask your horse 3 questions?

I shall have a think and come back to you...I always want to know what she's thinking when I'm riding her...

What would you ask???

I have been thinking about this, I would probably ask:

Shay: Does he like living with me?

Kiki: Does she like me?

I will have to think of another one

Sorry I did post, but clearly phone died before it was sent!

Silver:
1) What happened to you in your past?
2) What can I do to make you feel safer and happier?
3) What can I change in the way I behave around you to help you understand what Im asking of you/how can we compromise better?

I dont have any questions for Rascal, and the same with madam - I would rather explain things to both of them...

Why I rug her in the summer, why she has limited grass, that although Im not always great at listening, and that even though sometimes Rascal gets more attention and sometimes Im not there much because of work, I still love her more than she could know....

For little man, that sometimes I tell him off for things but its just because I want him to be safe, that the electric fencing is off and he doesnt need to touch it regularily just for the fun of it, that Im not snatching his bits when I try and wash them (!) and that even though I spend more time grooming and washing madam (due to sweet itch) doesnt mean I havent noticed he is tied up next to her so he doesnt need to destroy everything in sight!! Also that I love him too :) Although he remembers that better than she does, shes like me... doesnt always believe that someone can and wants to love her because shes been hurt by someone in the past...

Actually this is a bit difficult to answer isnt it? Now you've actually made me think about it I cant think of 3 or I think of too many and cant choose!:rolleyes:

Think I shall think about it some more and get back to you:eek:

doesnt always believe that someone can and wants to love her because shes been hurt by someone in the past...

Oh PF that made me feel choked:eek: So many horses are like that arent they? Im sure she does know you love her;):)

Are you in any pain?

Anything i can do/change to make things happier for you?

Ask them if they know how much i love them

What can I do to make you feel safer and secure?

What do you like to do best: hacking, trec, schooling, jumping? Know the answer to that - eating I think.

When were you happiest and what were you doing?

doesnt always believe that someone can and wants to love her because shes been hurt by someone in the past...

Oh PF that made me feel choked:eek: So many horses are like that arent they? Im sure she does know you love her;):)

She knows I love her, she shows me that... but some times, like when I have been really busy at work and had little time to spend fussing her she turns back into her cold withdrawn self, as if protecting herself from getting hurt... It takes a while to build her trust back up again, and its broken so easily sometimes - like yesterday the door was unfastened and it swung out (slowly) towards her - she lost the plot, and behaved as if I had viciously attacked her - spooking at everything and jumping about snorting and flashing the whites of her eyes... The door didnt even touch her...

Good thread! But hard..! Stealing a bit from previous posters, I think I'd ask Harvey:

- are you in any pain/discomfort? He doesn't seem to be but would be nice to be sure he's well and tack is comfortable etc.
- what was your past before Claire bought you?
- where's your 'go' button :D

Oh god PF, yours made me a bit teary eyed as well.

Good thread No_Angel mine would be -
1. What am I doing wrong?
2. What have you been up to for the last 10 years?
3. Do you actually like that beehive you've got going on?

I guess I'd have to also ask these questions in three different languages since I don't have a clue where he's been!

Yeah I must add PF's post made me want to cry!! In general I think PF's attitude to her pony is totally admirable ie her priority is just making Silver comfortable and happy and PF's fun/needs/money come way down the list, Silver is a very lucky pony. I have thought this many times reading PF's posts and never said it but think it's worth saying as clearly many people affected by her words, PF you are a legend :)

After an aweful day with big C I did ask him a couple of questions.

Whilst out hacking he did his usual attempt to spin and run backwards. I stopped the spin not the backwards and when I had him walking foward again I ask.

1) Why do you do that, there is nothing there? (in a large field not a thing in sight)

Second came when OH came to yard to watch me school him correctly for the first time in months and he seemed more unsound then every.

2) Please just tell me where the pain is. I will fix it?

Whilst walking him back to the field.

3) you know I love you, I would get the moon on stick if it would make you better. You do know that don't you?

Love you always big C xx

3) you know I love you, I would get the moon on stick if it would make you better. You do know that don't you?

That is so sweet, I always say to OH I'd bring you the moon on a stick :) Chanter is mega lucky to have you, hope you know you are doing a genuinely amazing thing by perservering with a difficult horse, I think you're awesome :D

*blushes*

Thanks BC :eek: Ironically I worry Im not the best mummy I could be! I used to feel selfish, craving attention from her that she didnt want to give me - I used to just sit and cry with her and she would totally ignore me! Poohsmate made me realise I was somthering her, and its helped getting Rascal, I have one who is affectionate and cuddley so I have less of a need to smother her... but of course now she has to compete for attention she wants it!!!!! She is so protective of me as well - stands and watched guard when Im at the field, never straying far from me, tells littles off when he nips or does anything naughty... LOL

But thanks :eek: Its nice to know there are people who realise how hard I try for my babies and how important they are to me... :eek:

Are you now contented with the changes i've made on your behalf (animal communicator) things i was considering anyway, i got told what i was considering and to do it!:) three different communicators came up with same thing.

Reply yes i am thank you, i appreciate you are trying to give me as natural a life as possible, but don't try so hard. You must listen to your gut instinct more and go with it. i'm an individual lil guy and the complete nh lifestyle is not for me. I look forward to wearing a rug this coming winter, thank you in advance Jack.

Why do you ignore me when i give aids sometimes?

Because you are inconsistent in your requests!! Pure and simples:eek: I do understand what you ask but you do "forget" yourself don't you dear. But i'm an honest lil man and i know you have health issues and i do allow your lil flaws and failings, just as you accept mine. I love being bitless and i'm not pulled around. I do love bridle less as i does give me the chance to a naughty lil pony and go completely deaf, but i only do it for your benefit to check your balanced, just as you check me! 50/50 partership you know.:)

Why do you eat your hacking buddies?

Cos i can!:) It's funny.
Because i'm always the pony at the back where i feel safer and happier, by the time we're nearly done the hack i've warmed up and want to go in front, i tink, not sure, your have to help me on this.

ETA. Am i the only person whose answered the questions?

Last edited:
i wouldn't ask kezzie anything as i know his whole history. Toby however i know very little about before i got him. I'd love to know who his parents were. I'd also ask him what happened to his off side hind (as he was very sensitive there when i first got him). I'd also ask him if he's happy. I worry a lot about him since bonnie died :( he freaked out today when he smelt a pair of brushing boots last worn by her.

Good thread!! :D

Mine Would be:

'Why the hell do you jump & spook at so many things!!?'

'Do you love & care for me as much as i do for you??'

'Tell Me what has happened to you in the past!!'

newrider.com