If we can get there... there is hope for everyone else!!!!!!!

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Day before yesterday I offered for neighbours kids (3,5 and 7) to ride madam...

Well she surpassed my expectations altogether - neighbour was wary as she "didnt want to upset her" - knowing how fussy madam can be about being petted etc - not nasty just doesn't like being touched - but she stood like a rock for them to get on, ambled about the school, did some very wobbly trots (and some nice trots too!), practiced some steering and change of rein and was an absolute super star.

I am so so proud of her - she didnt even bat an eyelid when one of them "thanked" her by patting her eye :giggle: - adults inc me cant get anywhere near that area without a fight!!!!

Considering I started to help out with her as she kicked and barged people out the way, and notoriously bucked and reared... :happy::happy::happy:

She really is becoming my perfect pony :D

Awww clare thats fab :biggrin:

Big well done to both of you!! Bet you were one proud mommie!!

*Ahem* We are due an august update on the diary!!

:giggle:

I hope you and Silver are basking in the glory of it all! :biggrin:

It's great that you are seeing such a diffence in her, you must be bursting with pride.

That's great :) really good when you have a moment that pays off all the hard work you have put in. Well done.

Hi PFB X
That is a graet story and you have done really well with her, I am so pleased for you, and you should be very proud of your achievements together.

Well done and a big pat on the back!:dance:

Day before yesterday I offered for neighbours kids (3,5 and 7) to ride madam...

I dont know the whole past story -
But that was such a lovely treat to give to the children. So nice of you to think of it.

I dont know the whole past story -
But that was such a lovely treat to give to the children. So nice of you to think of it.

They are riding again tomorrow night :bounce::bounce: going to make her some grass reins (she really will hate me!!!) and hopefully eldest can go off the lead rein :) Going to set up all sorts of fun things like cones mwahahaha!

The long winded version is in the diary section (Tales of PonyPants) but the shortened is that she is a rescue pony, and came with a lot of baggage and issues and never thought we would get this far for a long time :)

CB Thanks, Im so pleased with her... Im hopefully going to get some photos tomorrow night :inlove::cloud9:

Brilliant you should be so proud :smile:

Sometimes animals react so differently to children, i remember my parents had a friend with a huge hunter called blossom, with adults she was a nightmare and often bolted but with me ages about 10 years she was a superstar and never put a hoof wrong!

newrider.com