Ideas for Xmas presents for share's owner

Laura_107

Oct 15, 2010
Edinburgh
I've been a bit of an idiot and left to the last minute, and now I'm stumped :frown:

I would like to get Harvey's owner a little something for Xmas and to say thank you for being so good to me (really, she is an absolute superstar, she has been so generous with her horses and done so much for me over the months).

Has anybody got any ideas on what I could get his owner and her husband? I think I am going to do some Christmassy themed baking, so will wrap that up all nicely for them, but would like to do more than that.

I have thought about getting a photo framed for them, but need a bit of help with photoshop...I will start another thread on that.

Had a thought, has anyone seen any horsey themed Christmas decorations around? You know, baubles for the tree and such like?

Ooooh, I have another idea - make some chutney for them. I know they love spice, so a chilli chutney would be perfect. I even have glass paints to decorate the jar!

I know it's been talked about on here before so I will do a wee search. CN, I know you make it, where do you get your jars from?

Ooooh, I have another idea - make some chutney for them. I know they love spice, so a chilli chutney would be perfect. I even have glass paints to decorate the jar!

I know it's been talked about on here before so I will do a wee search. CN, I know you make it, where do you get your jars from?

http://www.jamjarshop.com/buy/glassjamjars/?gclid=CKeonPjAjq0CFUQMfAodtl1Fng

I buy in bulk!
Personally I'd go the the supermarket and get some wee Kilner jars with the metal clips. Fab for chutney. Available in most supermarkets.

I'm a bit concerned about your recent domesticity!! :wink:

http://www.jamjarshop.com/buy/glassjamjars/?gclid=CKeonPjAjq0CFUQMfAodtl1Fng

I buy in bulk!
Personally I'd go the the supermarket and get some wee Kilner jars with the metal clips. Fab for chutney. Available in most supermarkets.

I'm a bit concerned about your recent domesticity!! :wink:

Fabby, can you give me any recipes? You're good at these things.

I have seen a Jamie Oliver one for chilli and pepper chutney or a Nigella one for chilli jam. Since I dont actually like chilli I'm not too sure which one to pick!

Yes, I go through phases of domesticity...dont worry, it wont last! :wink:

Both those recipes sound devine.

I am sure someone told me Nigella's chilli jam was quite good but if they like
spice a good chutney is the way to go!
I use malt vinegar to make it more pungent too.

Fab, I'll see how I get on with the ingredients.

The jam looks easier, though I think the chutney could be used for more stuff.

My sharer bought me some cashmere fingerless gloves and a pair of thermal socks! Was very kind as I don't really like to give presents to people other than family as I feel the spending gets a bit out of hand! But they wanted to say thank you for me spending so much time teaching her to ride and hack :) it really was a lovely surprise!

My sharer bought me some cashmere fingerless gloves and a pair of thermal socks! Was very kind as I don't really like to give presents to people other than family as I feel the spending gets a bit out of hand! But they wanted to say thank you for me spending so much time teaching her to ride and hack :) it really was a lovely surprise!

Well this is what I thought too. They are both so good to me, I want to say thanks.

I dont get presents for anyone other than family either, but think it will be quite nice to make them something. It's a bit more personal.

I bought Rocky's loaner a multi-photo frame and put some photos of her and Rocky in it - hardly cost anything and a really nice personal touch. It's wrapped up with a charm bracelet :smile:

If the Harvey you share is the Harvey who I think it is I am certain his mum will love anything you give her xx

If your right, she is a superstar :biggrin: but I haven't mentioned I use the forum and I would prefer to keep it that way :wink:. Being a sharer is different than having your own horse and I would hate to step on toes.

newrider.com