ideas for fancy dress?

faye123

Jul 26, 2005
facy dress coming up and am completley stuck for ideas!!! Anyone got any??:confused::)

For you or your horse. We have a farm show every year and last year we went as cat woman(me) and batman(Pony) will have a look and see if i can find a picture

How about Robin Hood?! You can wear brown jods and a green tee shirt - and making a bow should be easy - hunt around for a large bendy swig and put some baler twine on it! Oh, and for a hat you could either use green felt (cheap from cloth stall on market or habadashery shop) - I don't think they are hard to make - even with my clumsy stitching I'd have a go! Just make sure its big enough to sit over your proper riding hat. And for your quiver of arrows you'll need something - preferably brown coloured to match your bow. I'll keep thinking.........
And of course your horse would just need some medieval looking saddle cloth / reins.

Whoops! That was meant to say twig not swig.....hic, it is Friday afterall.......!!!

Two years ago me and my horse did a christmas charity show. I dressed as a panto dame. Put some more brown dollops on him with boot polish and stuck some horns on his brow band and he went as the cow. :D

Oooo I love fancy dress!

Carla and I have been bees....
fancydress.jpg

Also:
Skeleton Keys (Horse is skeleton you are the key)
Sweeties! (Horse was covered in all sorts of big painted mars bars etc and the girl was dressed as Bertie Bassett)
Clothes Horse
Horse Fly
Needle in a Haystack (Horse in a sweat rug covered in hay and you are in tinfoil with a pointy hat)

i have done the lion the witch and the wardrobe (which took forEVER to make)
CIMG3413.jpg

and we won!

others did
milky bar kid
mary and joesph (horse was covered in towles and blankets)
angel/devil
medival

Ooh it was very complicated.....sticky back plastic! I got all the paper from ebay and then just merrily stuck them all over him!! He looks bombproof and hes not really!

thanks everyone for your ideas! Now I have too many to choose from! And I LOVE the bee costume!!

newrider.com