I went pony shopping (pics now added)

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
.... with Jilly!!

Sorry.... Couldn't resist that title. Jilly is still missing Albi badly. She had a mad mare on loan for a few weeks, but she had to be returned and today we found a worthy Albi replacement to buy. I'll post further details when the cash and pony have been exchanged. I'm very pleased for her.

So.... the moment Jill sent me his details, I was in love with this one. He is a mini Jack and his name is..... Jack!!! And he has a personality just like Albi.... what's not to love.

20200229_133746_copy_800x600.jpg

He's 14.1hh and aged 4, 5 in August, with a sensible and wise head on his young shoulders.... didn't put a foot wrong yesterday, despite being ridden by a stranger in high winds. Still growing and filling out at that age, obvs. Jill, her fella and I all fell hopelessly in love. Afterwards, we then went to see a second cob to balance things out and so many things were wrong compared with so many things being right with Jack, so the decision was made. Just for good measure, Jilly contacted his stud last night for more info and this morning he was transported and installed in Albi's old stable.

20200301_130256_copy_800x600.jpg

And this collage..... well the similarities are freaky.... Even down to the rainbow!!

20200229_195113_copy_800x800.jpg

I am biased so anything native I love.
Saying that I did think I wanted another nf but they all looked so similar to J it was heartbreaking.

If you click you click.

Wow that was quick! He's a handsome chappie :)
Wasn't it just!! He's originally from the Lionheart stud, he's a quality little man. Jill was going to have him PSSM tested but at around £300, she couldn't really afford it on top of his asking price, so she phoned the stud and spoke to them at length. They said that mum and dad are now 10 and 15 and have never shown any signs of it. Also, as far as they are aware, neither have any of the foals from either mum or dad. Plus apparently heavy horses can carry the gene but never actually develop the disease so she could have got a positive result for him and then potentially have missed out on years of fun with him. He's up to date with all his hand so she figured a vet would have listened to his heart a few times.... so didn't bother with a vetting either.

• Wow
Reactions: Margie and Magic
I would have had at least two star done.
But without sounding old, we never used to did we. When did vetting become almost the norm?

newrider.com