I thought I was just getting wellies!!!!

Sparky Lily

Nov 27, 2008
Yell, Shetland
What with decluttering the house ready to move, we decided not to have big presents this year. However, there has been an enormous gap in our lives since we lost our old dog last May. We've had two dogs for most of the past 30 years and much as we love Tuppence, there is only one of her.

So, we had a think and a talk and decided we would have a big joint Christmas present after all. So, may I introduce Hugo, collected this afternoon. He is a 10 week Beagle and is already making himself at home. Tuppence is not convinced yet, and the cat is decidedly miffed, but he'll charm them round no doubt.

P1000453.jpg

P1000451.jpg

P1000449.jpg

Oh my god, I'm not even a dog person and I love him! Such a little poser. I'm buying my OH a pair of kittens for his birthday in May - can't wait!

Awwww... it's been a while since we've had a puppy in the house - miss their cute chubbiness! Hugo is adorable.

He's lovely, same markings as the beagle we had when I was a child - he was called Brandy and lived to the ripe old age of 19! But he was also the naughtiest dog I've ever had :D

Thank you for all those lovely comments. I think he's gorgeous too!

Hugo slept right through last night - did not disturb us at all. Fingers crossed he'll be the same tonight. He's now nicked all Tuppence's toys, as well as playing with his own, but he's coming on well with the toilet training. He now makes it - most times - to the paper by the back door (far too horrible for him to go out yet!), which I think is pretty good for a first day.

OH had to do some DIY today, and we discovered that Hugo is a bit of a supervisor at heart. Sat himself down and watched, fascinated, while OH sawed a plank of wood, and investigated the tools (all have been retrieved - we checked). He couldn't be (exceedingly) distantly related to Eggwub could he? How far back to you have to go to get the common ancestor of a Beagle and a Shetland pony?

newrider.com