I think he's missed me!

Sparky Lily

Nov 27, 2008
Yell, Shetland
Due to the fragile state of my finger, post-op, I have been very strongly advised not to handle Harvey or the ponies for a while. So OH has been doing all the feeding, clearing up etc for the past couple of weeks. Weather's not been good either, so I've not been out of the house much.

But today, it's beautiful so I sat in the garden for a while. Eggwub suddenly caught sight of me and rushed up to the fence, pushing his gorgeous little face up for a kiss. Made me quite emotional. The others then followed, all with that "and where have you been?" look on their faces. So we had a little chat over the fence, with Wubby threatening to climb over to join me. He is such a darling!

What with snow, hail, sleet and gales this last couple of weeks, the ponies are holding onto their winter coats. Now that it's so warm and sunny, they're all rubbing like mad, resulting in moth-eaten patches. I had to restrain myself from getting a brush or plastic curry comb, not that I could grip either even if I did. That's going to be another little job for OH. Oh, blast this finger. I'm getting very fed up with it now.

You could go and do a bit of rubber curry combing with your good hand, and if you don't tie him up you cannot be acused of "handling" them, can you?

newrider.com