I Survived!!

Deefa

Apr 12, 2007
Leicestershire
Took Harry for his first ever ODE today. He has never done dressage before and never an actaul XC (far scarier than team chasing - there were ditches :p ) comptetion either so it was qiute new to him really.

Dressage was up first, he didn't warm up to well and was really not being very good on his worse rien. It was prob nerves from me which were not helping as i was scared to death i may forget where i was going (mum was fence judging so couldn't have a caller!)
Went in and didn't even bat an eyelind a the dressage markers - Phew!
Did an ok test, pretty accurate but did brake canter on the first canter circle but i corrected it qiuckly.
I ended up with about 2 sevens and a mix of 6's and 5's for everything else. Comments were - Nice centre line, a little resisitance on left rien, Very good transitions and free walk, shame about the stumle. Overall comment was i needed to work on his overall rythm and that he got better as the test went on. So qiute happy ith that as a first atempt, esp in a snaffle!! Percentage ended up being 45.25 or something very similar lol. And i was in 6th place (out of 14) Judged seemd qiute harsh with the marks to be honest with everyone

Then it was XC time! and boy did my little man fly! :yahoo: it was great fun and he just flew the lot (2'6) even the drop he didn't hesitate and took it at a decent gallop lol (prob should of put him in something other than the snaffle!

Then cool off for 10 mins before the SJ, well you all know how much he loves this anyway and did a beautiful clear :D a little fast but thats harry for you!

After all that we ended up 2nd! So a lovely result for a first timer and would def do something like that again!

Piccies!!

SJ

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

XC

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

Dressage

(downwards transition trot to walk)
DSC_0375.jpg

Canter
DSC_0387.jpg