I survived my first sponsored ride and it was....

cassiebird

Jul 4, 2009
hertfordshire
absoloutely fantastic:bounce: my biggest fear was that when i took her off the lorry she would run off and never been again:help: But after an hours journey she came off the lorry, spotted grass and put her head straight down and started to munch:tongue:
The first stress for poor old cass was that the horse we were with suddenly turned into a hormal turd and double barrelled Cass on the rump leaving her with two swollen welts:hot: she snapped free from the trailer, took about 8 strides forward and stopped looked at me with great big sad eyes:giggle: Anyway, got them tacked up, did my ususal of getting on from the right side which raised a few questions but we dont care as if i try and mount from the left we have a battle....... we set off as a group of 4 but two of the others were in a different league to us, they wanted to do all the jumps (we dont jump yet) were wanting to canter everywhere whereas we were just wanted to pootle round with a few trots and canters and no pressure.
I wont bore you with the whole ride but in brief my lovely cass was absoloutely fantastic, brave bold, forward going (well until she was just to knackered....it was soooooooo hot) happy in front, back, side she really didnt care. It was just so special sharing this experience with her, we definately looked after each other and I just love her:wub:
Cant wait until the next one :wink:

Woo hoo! Go you two! It's feels so fantastic when all the work comes together. Congratulations :)

You know it's addictive - you'll be online looking for the next one before you know it :)

thats fantastic. I love a good sponsored ride.It's definitely Candyman's favourite pastime as well(apart from hunting lol) I bet you are looking forward to spring now when all the new ones come up!

Aww well done :bounce:

I keep looking at local ones in my area but just never get it organised to go, but hopefully soon I will !

Sounds like you had a lovely time :cool:

Glad you had a good time (apart from the kick :poop:) - I love sponsored/fun rides, before I got my own horse I used to see them advertised in the local paper and think 'I want to do that'! When's your next one?

thats brill!!!

are there many sponsored rides / fun rides near you? hope you can get to lots more, i love them and go all the time :)

Unfortunately not that is the last one of the season but there are still lovely areas to hack in a short lorry ride away so i will be venturing off and having ago:dance:

Next year i hope to attend many but i definately need to carry some water with me.......i thought i was going to pass out at one time, combinaton of nerves, adrenalin, a little bit of horsey excitement at the begining.....but it was fantastic. xx

:dance:

Well done, your hard work with her is paying off in huge amounts !! You must be super proud of her :biggrin:

On word i am sooo proud of her....it wasnt that long ago i was thinking of letting her go back to the realms of being a broodmare as she was either lame with lami, or a slight lameness on front right or her true stubborness and desire not to work:stomp: but since the last bout of lami, (june) we have come soooo far, ive always loved her but i am just so proud of her (and a little bit of me) We are two very novice individuals who are muddling through together and must be doing something right together.....xx

That goes for so many of us, and i know exactly what you mean, i think thats what makes it so special xx

You are spot on, if i hadnt been so dehydrated i would have cried:mstickle:

We did get a few questions about her hoof boots by the marshalls........i just said if it wasnt for them then we would never have made it accross the first arable field!

newrider.com