I passed my trailer test today!! wohooooo!!

jenni_w

Aug 15, 2007
YEY!! I passed my trailer test today. :D

So now I can drive Monty and I about and have some fun a lot more easily.

SOOOOOO glad its all over. I couldnt afford to take it again. Up to this point it has cost me around £900!!!! :eek:

Hope those of you who asked for it found my word doc about the test useful??

Good luck to anymore of you who are taking the test. :D

i didn't know you had to take a test to drive a trailer? Is this a new thing?

For those of us who passed our test sometime ago we don't have to take a trailer test and can drive up to a 7 and a 1/2 ton lorry, Dont quote me but I think it came in approx 10 years ago that people passing their driving test would have to take an additional trailer test as well and presumably a test if they wanted to drive a lorry.

its kind of crazy as i can tow 15ton with a tractor but i cant tow a horse trailer with a landrover. it came in in 1997

test came in from 1st jan 1997, so if you passed after that you will need to take the B+E test to tow a braked trailer over 750kg (horse trailer). The law is very complex but basically you cant tow a horse trailer without it.

You can drive up to 3.5tonnes as well. But anything over needs another endorsement on your licence. So if you want to drive a lorry you need to take you LGV (or HGV not sure) licence as well!!

Congratulations!
I got your info thanks - very useful!
However for the forseeable future I will just have to be content with towing my dad around with me as my legal companion!

newrider.com