I need to Find a good Livery Yard ASAP ~ Can anyone Help me please?

~*Lizzi-Beth*~

Horse Mad!!!! :D
Jun 9, 2008
South Wales
Hi Everyone!! :)

The Y/O is increasing the rent of our yard but the yard is in a mess and she does absolutely nothing for the yard (there's not even a toilet!! :p)
She is always making up new 'Rules' so nobody knows where they are with her. She used to be lovely, i used to even stay at her house, ride her ponies and go to shows with her son, but over the last year she has changed (which could be family issues) and thinks she's better than everyone else but doen't actually know what she's talking about.
I really need to find a new yard with these specifications in the South Wales area (i shan't tell you where for obvious reasons :p lol):

* Lovely Rural setting with lots of off-road hacking
* Friendly People
* Menage or School that is suitable for Riding in properly
(unlike ours @ the moment which desperately needs grading :p)
* A yard with lighting and water supply (obviously :p)
* Good turnout with good fencing (unlike at our yard :p)
* Nice Stables
And a toilet would be a big bonus too!! :p

If anyone could help me or give me information it would be much appreciated, Thank You!!

(there's not even a toilet!! )

Toilet? What's that!!! :p:p:p

Sorry I'm in the wrong part of the country so I can't help you! Never heard of this t.o.y.l.e.t.t. that you speak of either !!!

Hey lizzie-beth a return answere for your info on laminitis earlier!
I don't know where about you are so this may be no good to you but would you be anywhere near Cardiff- The Wenallt area?

sorry i'm not in your area but here are a few ideas

contact local riding club and chat with secretary or whoever
local free ads paper

tack shops

drive round -- as far a radius as you're prepared to move -- call in and actually speak to liveries and YOs if poss

yellow pages

do you have any local horsie internet sites where you could ask a general question like you have on here -- eg we have giddy up north for our area

call in at any riding schools in area and ask for info

ask local farrier if he knows anywhere

as long as you are discreet and don't criticize YO (mebbe just say you need diff facilities or price range) then info should be forthcoming

good luck in your search

Last edited:
We are opening a yard but not in your area sorry but its interesting to see how people feel about their yards,we are hoping to get ours right after been on so many bad ones we have lernt how not to do it :D

Good luck :)

Slightly O/T, sorry and no help but grrrr.....Old YO was the same-did naff al round the yard, kept leaving nasty notes re our care of the horses and messages for me with co-loaner-speak to me, you prat! She was forever making up new rules so you wouldn't know you'd infringed them! Mad! Rant, sorry!:eek:

newrider.com