I need to find a 100gm turnout rug....

georgie1

Jul 23, 2006
Cornwall
with the fit of an Amigo.....Amigo rugs fit my girlie perfectly. Most other rugs are awful around the chest area and end up pulling back almost strangling her and end up half way down her back...poor girlie.

So can anyone recommend a rug with the fit of an Amigo in a 100gm fill please, Amigo dont do one.

Many thanks

Gx

I'd second the Weatherbeeta Landa Freestyle Standard Medium Lite (that's a mouthful), brilliant rug and fits really well

shires do a 100gram rug. both my lads have one and fit is great. we also use amigo.

barnstomers have offer on 100grm for 35 pound at the moment

I bought my mare one of the Mark Todd Autumners. It fits really well, nicely cut around neck and chest so rug is up over wither area - I know what you mean about rugs pulling back, and I think the fill is either 100g or 150g, but either way, a lightly filled rug and you can get a neck cover to go with it. Cheap too, £50 from Equestrian Clearance!

I bought a 100g Rambo Duo liner to replace Bebe's 100gm turnout when she killed it. It's been the best £25 I've spent in ages. I use it under a l/w Amigo for turnout in mild weather and as an extra layer under heavier rugs in very cold weather, both indoors and out. It stays put even without the attachments at the front of the rug and hasn't rubbed at all.

The best thing is that it fits in my washing machine and drys quickly, so I can clean it regularly without spending a fortune. It means that Bebe almost always has a clean layer next to her skin, which keeps the inside of her turnout rugs cleaner.

I'm not going to replace my turnout rugs as they wear out anymore, I'm just going to get Duo liners to go under the l/w turnout.

oooo loving the Rambo liner idea....definately going to look into that, thanks guys, really appreciate the ideas. :)

Just a quick question, Cosmel wears a 5.9 Amigo, did you get the same size rambo liner or 1 smaller? Thanks

gx

oooo loving the Rambo liner idea....definately going to look into that, thanks guys, really appreciate the ideas. :)

Just a quick question, Cosmel wears a 5.9 Amigo, did you get the same size rambo liner or 1 smaller? Thanks

gx

I'd go for a size smaller. I was a bit dippy and bought the same size liner as the top rug and it pokes out a bit at the back so when it rains the liner gets wet. It's not a huge problem as the water doesn't soak up the rug, so it's only the sticky out bit that's wet, but I'd buy a size smaller in future.

Shame - for the fit I was going to highly recommend the Premier equine but they only have a 70 g or a 200g, nothing in between ...
The 70g really IS good though :)

newrider.com