I need to borrow a roller - can anyone help, please?

LindaAd

Feb 20, 2000
Dorset, UK
Visit site
Hebe and I are learning to long-rein - very useful this weather, and good for improving my hands. But I ordered a roller from my local saddler, and she can't tell me when it'll arrive. Is there any kind person out there :angel: who could lend me one for a few weeks? I'd be happy to leave a deposit of the second-hand price. Size, cob or full (sometimes they're only one size) - Hebe's around 14 hh and barrel-shaped (another reason to get on with the long-reining!)

Yup I can lend you one, (your near the forest aren't you ?) I have one, well a choice of two if you like. One that came with the pessoa system and a leather one with fixed positions which is a more 'proper' type. Your welcome to either. :)

Yup I can lend you one, (your near the forest aren't you ?) I have one, well a choice of two if you like. One that came with the pessoa system and a leather one with fixed positions which is a more 'proper' type. Your welcome to either. :)

That's wonderful, Ruskii - you're an :angel: yes, I'm not very far from the forest; we almost met at the Rising Sun ride in the autumn, didn't we? I'm guessing you're on the Hampshire side; could you pm me and tell me where you are, then I could come and fetch it?

You can long line using a saddle - let the stirrups hang down and fix them under the belly (over the girth) and run the lines through the stirrups :)

Thanks for the suggestion, Elly - yes, that's how I used to do it, the couple of times that I tried, and it worked fine, but my instructor's a bit of a perfectionist, and she felt the stirrups were too low or, when I ran them up the leathers, too high and too floppy ... You do get better communication with a proper roller with rings.

newrider.com