i need ideas..

*LiSa*

Jun 7, 2005
uttoxeter, staffs, uk
www.myspace.com
Hey.
well basicaly i dont know what i want to do at the minute. =[
i have got a nqv 1 and like 3/4 of nqv in race horse care and have been riding race horses for about 6 months now but I want to try somthing different.
So could anyone give me any advice on how to get myself into a eventing yard or something or any good experiences they have had doing a job?
many thanks
Lisa

Best way to get into any equine job is just submit your c.v to several yards. There are a lot of websites that offer job searches for the equine worker. You could try that. I have worked on show jumping yards eventing yards riding schools and livery yards, stud farms and I have to say my fave at the moment is the stud farm i currently work at. This time last year I would have told you I had no intrest in breeding other than what I needed to know. You'll know when you find the right sector for you. Good Luck

I used to be an event groom, it is a lot of hard work but great fun if you can get yourself on to the right yard. I got my jobs through ads in horse and hound or through an agency - I used career grooms. Most yards take people on at the beginning of the year or season when the horses come back from their winter break so there may not be many vacancies at the mo, but its worth looking.

You have experience of working with very fit horses, this will be an advantage for you, if you can plait and turn out well then you are in! Just beware of the ratio of horses to staff... there are a lot of people who will work you into the ground!! See if you can get a recommendation from their previous groom.

If you want any more info get in touch I'll be happy to help!

newrider.com