I know they don't sleep like us but.....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
How come every morning (7amish) Joe is either lying down, or standing up sleeping? He yawns, showing his lovely discoloured teeth:p then has his morning wee and stretches. I know he's a horse, but really, he seems to have almost the same sleeping patterns as me and OH! lol. I know they only sleep for 2 hours max at a time, but he seems to time his sleep (clever tb that he is;)) for when he knows breakfast will be due. Anybody else have a sleepy hoss first thing?
I did used to worry that the night would seem so long being in his stable, but he really doesn't seem to mind. Or is that just me being a human and imagining that he needs to be in there?

some mornings i go in and daphi is still asleep lay down! lol she doesnt do mornings ( neither do i) but i try ... so we have a routine.

Isn't it funny when you catch them lying down in a morning?!!! I can always tell when ours have just got up too, there is the tell tale signs of shavings / bedding product on their ear tips....hehehehehe.

I mis-read the topic title and thought it said 'I know they don't like us but...'
and wondered what your neighbours had done! Doh :rolleyes::D

You can see where Thomas has used his bankings as a pillow, and sometimes there's the outline of his legs and body too, we can see exactly where he lies.

If he's out in the field you have to put his headcollar on while he's lying down and gently encourage him with your foot to get up :rolleyes::D Hence he is staying in tonight as farrier due at 7.30 and it it takes me ages to get him up and bring him in :D

I mis-read the topic title and thought it said 'I know they don't like us but...'
and wondered what your neighbours had done! Doh :rolleyes::D

in :D

Hehehe, I'm not surprised you thought it was the neighbours up to no good again, I've bombared you all with so many tales of them lately:eek::D

Surprisingly they've been quiet this bank holiday......:)

glad your neighbours are being conditate today just a random q can you get

toothbrush and & horse/pony tooth paste to help with neddy teeth?

newrider.com