I jumped a 2ft course!!!

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
At my yard yesterday I put the jumps up to 2ft and we just jumped the lot. No problems at all. It might not seem like much really, but I have owned him for 2 and a half years and had not jumped a course of 60cm until yesterday. I am going to a show on Sunday where the first round is 60cm so we are going to do that.

I'm still buzzing. I'm really busy at work and just about to go into meetings, but I have this urge to tell someone who might be slightly interested so I am posting on here. Go me and Ben....

Woo hoo well done :) thats an amazing achievment and sounds like there really is no stopping you and ben :) have a fab time at the show and prety pretty please for pics :-D

Well done! Not surprised your buzzing :biggrin:
Good luck for your show although I'm sure you don't need it... and please, please may we have some photo's?

That is fantastic well done to you and Ben :bounce:

I totally get you and jumping a whole course is not easy in my opinion so well done doing full course at 2ft :biggrin: no stopping you now!

Best of luck at the show

Thank you everyone, it's so nice to log on and supportive messages from people who understand. I have been lots of meetings at work today and I just wanted to shout out 'I CAN FINALLY JUMP 2FT' but I think that would have thought I was crazy if I did that!

Umm, I very much doubt it, I need to do a 2ft spread first. That will take me another 2 years!

Get away girl, I bet it doesn't. If I can go from jumping tiny cross poles to 70 cm (not a course by the way) in a very short summer you can most certainly do a 3ft course in no time.

Brilliant - well done! Actually spreads are easier - the jump is just the same as jumping a single pole, but the spread shows the horse exactly where to take off!

newrider.com