I Hope To Get A Rescue

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Short post to udate peeps on my thinking.

I plan on getting a rescue.

Last edited:
I think that would be a great idea.

A rescue will need all the time, patience, knowledge and horsemanship you have to offer and you seem to relish a challenge and have oodles of commitment and calmness. It'll be one VERY lucky horse and I look forward to hearing all about it, when you are ready to begin. There is certainly no shortage of candidates

What would you be aiming for long term? Not sure whether jumping was just for fun or something you wanted to pursue?

Everything i do is for fun, if they do not jump it is not an issue> i will still have my online and liberty so they can pop a pole etc.

I am looking for a native, that can live out.

I will adapt myself to whoever comes along.

It'll be a very lucky pony that finds you. Please try to find one that "speaks" to you, I know that after Jack it must be tempting not to get so involved again, simply so you can't get so hurt, but that would be a real shame.

Do you have anywhere in mind to look?

I can't say I'm surprised newforest. Thought that might well be the case :happy:

It's ok to want to love again. I went through stages when I have lost loved ones in the past of thinking that I was somehow being disloyal which of course was completely incorect.

Even just getting Rascal I felt disloyal to madam - its a natural stage to go through... but at some point you will realise you are "there" with the relationship and you can't be without them. I've only just realised this with Rascal.

There is going to be one, very lucky hossy somewhere out there :D

You have always come across on your threads as a giver, so it seems natural for you to take on an animal that needs someone special.

There is a lucky pony out there some where with your name on.

NF really glad that you are thinking of doing this.. It is very rewarding.

Where are you thinking of looking. It is one of the chairties. It can be quite hard to get a riding horse from them and most have limits as to how far away you can take them from the rehoming centre (most are around 50 miles)

They general do most of the re schooling before they allow you to have them but believe me there is still so much more to do once you bet your little bundle home.

I can't wait to keep reading your thread to how you are getting on and if I can pass on any advise about the rehoming side of thing I will try (Chanter was from Bransby home of rest in Lincoln) so I have first hand experience.

What a lovely thing to do, there are plenty out there needing homes. They will have a very loving home and fantastic home with you. Keep us posted on what you do x

Just to say I agree with everyone else's response - somewhere out there is a very lucky horse or pony that is going to find you - cant wait to hear all about him/her when you meet each other!:happy:

I think you would be brilliant for a rescue NF.

You've got all the tools to 'fix' any horse :happy:

Its going to be one happy horse whatever breed or size it is :angel:

Good luck with the search, keep us updated

x

Im sure there is one waiting to be rescued by a mummy like you. You will both find each other soon im sure and you can help each other. Look forward to hearing all about your it when the 'one' comes along :wink:

I have contacted a rescue centre and they have accepted me onto their list of potential peeps to take on a lil bod.

I am planning to go and visit soon, not sure when. Two have been suggested to me as possibles and one stands out already.

I have two Arabs that need rescueing so to speak! My nisha that inrescued and her sister that is going to meat after her foal is weaned. I'm going to take the sister to my field but I cannot keep both theses Arabs as I'm not coping with the amount of horses needing looking after plus being a mum with a part time job. I'm afraid I just cannot Keep them

newrider.com