I have a racehorse!!

PonyGirlAsh

Buongiorno, Principessa!
Nov 17, 2004
California, USA
www.myspace.com
Soooo I was chatting to Eddie's owner last night, and was asking about his history (where did he come from, etc), and she goes, "oh, I haven't told you? Eddie is famous!" Awww turns out he was a racehorse back in his day, and he actually WON a race!! MY Eddie, winning a race!

I already googled his race name and found pedigree info and some random race results (most of them he finished last or nearly last :eek: ), but I'm wondering if there is a place I could find some pictures of him? Does anyone know of a website I could go to, or maybe go down to some sort of racing headquarters sort of thing? I want a picture of my boy in his old career!

Sounds lovely.Depends on how long ago he was racing and the races and where they were. You can find out who the photographer was on that day at that course and phone up, this usually works for recently retired ones but mine was retired before so much documentation was done and although the above works it didnt with mine, in the end I tracked down an old jockey of his and got my photo and newspaper clippings from him. Sadly I couldn't get any footage as it was'nt stored so well then.

What passport does he have I assume wetherbys? Its strange you have no results from that as all wetherbys reg'd horses that have raced have their results logged there. I take it he's a tb not an arab? In his passport you will have all the stamps form the courses he raced and and also the details from previous owners and this trainers, therefore if the address od the previous owner is no longer valid ie they've moved then you can contact the trainer who in turn will beable to help you along your way.

Just found the results of one of his races:

Eddie (different racing name obviously, don't want to make it public!)- outrun.

Outrun?!! Awwwww, poor Eddie. He probably got distracted by a blade of grass or a nice looking mare on the sidelines.

Oooh, I just found the name of his former trainer, who has a big ol training website, complete with contact info! Yay, might be a lead!! :) :)

Do you think he'll find it rude that I'm asking about Eddie, or will he find it endearing? Guess it depends on his personality, huh?

Sorry, I just realised you're not in the UK which may be a possible reaosn why he was'nt on the racing post:confused:
Most trainers like to hear how their horses are doing. I managed to email the trainer and his secretary emailed me back and was very polite and said that the only photo they had was of the trainers son riding him but it was a rather large photo aboive the fireplace and no way of copying it but gave me the address of the jockey who rode him towards the end of his career. I wrote to him and he was thrilled to hear from me and sent me photocopies of the newspaper clippings he had from when he was in the papers and also a original photograph.

Thanks everyone! Didn't find him on thoroughbred times, but found his pedigree. Katie, I think I might try that research website...I really want a photo! Must be one somewhere!

I'll definitely try ChasingRacers, and try emailing the trainer. Going to see my little winner tomorrow (no blanket of roses to lay across his back, unfortunately)!

newrider.com