I have a Fjord. Hes French and called QUESTY

Libbyo

Mar 5, 2006
West Sussex
I posted on Saturday evening

http://www.newrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100729

That I had news. Well my baby fjord is lovley. I love him already to bits. Hes called Questy. Good breeding came over from France. We understand he is broken to ride, but we are starting from scratch again to be sure.

He is a popet tied up in his head collar. Weve lunged him twice now. Today he was 100% better than yestereday.

Tomorrow he is being partially vetted, Wednesday farrier, and he will be assesed for driving any day now.

I still am as excited as I was when I found him.

I have already taken loads of photos. Ask if you want more piuctures.

Libbyo :)
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/libbyo_photos/15012007157.jpg

Aww Im glad you found one in the end and he's turning out so well :)
So now that you know he's rising 3 rather than 4, are you going to continue riding him (I got the impression from your other thread that he is broken to ride?) or are you going to turn him away for a bit and restart him when he's older?
He has a very sweet face :)

ETA - okay I did read your thread but somehow I totally missed the sentence where you perfectly answered the question I just asked :confused: so probably best to ignore it :p!

xxx

Last edited:
We are restarting him, Lou is going to get him going forward well, then turn him away, then later on this year we are sending him to Pips to be broken to drive. Im aiming, I hope to have ridden him before he is turned away a tiny bit, then to be ready to compete with him Easter 2008 in the outdoor driving comps. I think this is a good time line.

My plan is to sell Cilla ( but weve not told her yet! Ive done much heart wrenching over this but its for her) and to buy/loan a school master driver for this season to give ME experience.

Pinnochio is lovley, but getting on in years, he tires easily and I dont think he will cope with regular driving events. ( If we have a lesson he wont/cant work the next day, hes to tired) He does have a home for life with me, and will work as and when he wants to. BTW He drove fantasticly today in the school.

Congratulations :) I love Fjords, I've got a real thing for them and hope to have one of my own one day (to go with Saffy and the Iberian that I also *need*).

All the best and can only add .... MORE PICCIES PLEASE :D

x

Well annother good day today. Vet came out. She a really lovley person an knows how nutty I can be.

She says he is a very good fjord, not overweight, bright eyes and enthusiastic about life in general.

Heart and lungs working fine and fit for purpose. Trotted up well. If a bit cheaky. Oh to be that young again! So good all good.

She says she aproximates 13.2 at the mo to grow to 14.1.

He did dislike being jabed tho. Pulled away rapidly.

What has hapened today through is interesting. Cilla is in the stable next door and normally rules our part of the yard. It apears though that little Questy has had words with her. He can put his head into her stable and she backs off. If Pinnochio the otherside did the same, hed loose his nose!

She is also quieter in her stable, more self contained. OH says its because she dosnt realise Questys a horse yet as he looks so odd. Codswalolop to that me thinks. I think its because he is always so happy and nice, she has bowed out a bit. Makes life easier for me too. She works just as well though in the school.

Tomorrow Questy meets Geoff our farrrier. Shoes off and see what happens.

No lunging today because of the injection. Hopefully we will turn him out for a while tomorrow. Im told he likes to take the other horses on excursions to the far ends of our fields. Ive not yet been there when he goes out as we have limited winter turn out.

A couple of phots for you today.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/libbyo_photos/16012007162.jpg
Mum who is it thats coming to see me today?

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/libbyo_photos/15012007149.jpg
Oh well didnt like that, but hey life goes on. Questy just after his jab in the stable. Is it time for tea?

newrider.com