I hate the weather! I'm soaked...

ForestGump

Apr 9, 2008
Hampshire
It has been raining for the past 3 days and Forest hasn't been ridden as the rain was so bad, but this morning it has sunny so I tacked up and went for a ride. :cool:
10 minutes down the road torrential rain and wind hit. I'm not joking within seconds both me and Forest were drenched! I really wanted to carry on so we sheltered under a big oak tree. :p
Not impressed with the weather Forest threatened a bike rider.
He wanted to shelter under the tree aswell but Forest wanted it to him self so the cyclist had to find somewhere else! (My horse is such a brat!)

It got a bit lighter but I decided to go home as it didn't look like it would stop. We got half way back and it chucked it down again! (By the way I didn't have any jacket or coat on as it was warm when we set off, so I was in just a t-shirt!:eek:)

Anyway, we got back safe and sound and Forest dried off in his stable. Only then for the weather to turn nice again and it was sunny! :mad: I was not impressed so I put Forest out again and he charged around with his feild mate for a bit.

Thats the last time I don't listen to the weather forecast! :p

I don't like the weather either the other day I got in my sister's horse's from the feild I had hold of her 4 yr old a crack of lightning went she nearly jumped on me canter circles round me when I had got all 3 in from feilds I was drenched!!

I know how you feel!

I went out yesterday morning since the weather was nice. We got to the top of the road and it apsolutely peed it down. :rolleyes: We was apsolutely drenched. Like you I only had a t-shirt on.

Then when we got back the sun came out again and it was warm. Typical!

yes i think i got caught in the same rain as you.
luckily i have a winter, get wet and wipe saddle for such weather. i don't slide all over the place as it's covered in material. dries really quick as well.:)

I was driving in in the sunshine and looking forward to riding A when halfway there the heavens opened.

Needless to say I didn't ride and I am disappointed.

The horses dont seem to mind. I went to see Alfie this morning and he had rolled in the newly formed mud bath in his field. Half of his face was caked in mud! He seemed happy though lol.

I used to love riding in the rain - particularly in storms :eek: (I'm weird!) but now I have brand new leather tack I'm too scared to get it wet lol! :eek:

So I am equally fed up with the weather too :(

I know how you feel, Yesterday evening we had book an outdoor school to do some jumping, we didnt end up going as the rain came crashing down like never before.

Booked an indoor for tomorrow so at least we know we will be able to ride.

Well its stopped raining now so if it holds then hopefully I can convince someone to come riding with me this afternoon! Forest only went out for 15 min utes today so he can easily go again! :p

The Great British Summertime lol!!!!

Isnt it fantastic lol!!!!

I tend to go a hack when its wet or lunge. Cant be bpthered Schooling when its raining!!!

Nikki xxxxx

The weather has been pants for the last few days - OH and I tacked up the other day and it was rumbling and "heavy" - we just about managed a hack (flies drove us potty mind!) and were lucky enough to get back just before it erupted!!!! I can't see me riding tonight tho - have had to turn out in the "emergency" front field - as I'm not happy about wrecking the proper summer turnout field (they have been hoolying and scampering around rather a lot lately and its getting very boggy!!!) Come back summer and dry weather - where have you gone?!!!

newrider.com