I had my first jumping lesson on Ginger today

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
I was very brave and boxed up to take Ginger to a jumping lesson with the riding club. It was a beginners class as since the ankle I am very nervous once they get to a certain height.

Ginger was super to through the trotting and canter poles and even when the first crosses started to go up it. The first line was set at 5 strides which is quite easy for Ginger as he has a small canter stride.

I only had one major wobble when the second on the line went to a straight about 2 foot so she dropped it for me that time.

Ginger was jumping huge and I was not helping by not sitting forward at all. It was nice as she said I had a beautiful flat work position but I needed to lean forward to encourage his canter.

As always with Ginger he put no effort in and lacked impulsion breaking in to trot but he still jumped every thing huge.

The RI said that he was jumping so big because he was not forward in the canter so he had to launch himself over them.

we ended doing a small course of 5 jumps about 2ft with the highest slightly more.

I am very proud of myself and ginger for going out with out help to load etc and for enjoying it and actually wanting to do it,

He is such a good boy with so much scope and talent and for the first time I actually enjoyed it.

Well don :) sounds like the lesson has done you the world of good and you came away feeling happy which is what its all about.
Nerves and a confidence knock are bot easy to over come and i really to admire you for always keeping on going,takes alot of guts :)

newrider.com