I found this on facebook- read it

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
We see so many times on here should I shouldnt I loan, share buy a horse, lorry, property with land etc....This made a lot of sense to me :D

VACATIONS LIE. Culture tells us to spend an entire year saving for a week to escape our life. We call it vacation. Even as I'm on this incredible road trip across the Northwest with my family, something doesn't feel right. Vacations are meant to be new, they are meant to be fun, but they are not meant to be better than your normal life. I've been all around the world, and I would never trade travel for what I have at home. Life isn't about the 50 vacations you'll take while you're on this planet. It's about the 25,000 days between them. Stop creating a life that you need a vacation from. Instead, move to where you want to live, do what you want to do, start what you want to start, and create the life you want today. This isn't rehearsal people. This is YOUR life

I like it and do agree with the sentiment, however I love my 'vacation' not because it's an escape though, more because it's different, I like to find myself in a beautiful part of the natural world and see how other people live and work, try different foods and try to learn a little bit of a different language if I can while I'm at it, so for me it is an extension and a compliment to my already wonderful life. :)
It's a bit like that saying 'life is not a destination, but a journey'

Next time we go on vacation will be part of our house move and the girls will be coming with us:D

I can see both sides of the holiday thing. When I was in my late 20's I used holidays as a form of escape from my very stressful work situation. I had a lot wrong in life and they were an outlet for that.
It would be nice to try a holiday in a different frame of mind:)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I love going on holiday, but always look forward to coming home too. A week skiing is amazing, a week lying on a beach in 25 degree sunshine (I don't like intense heat) is also amazing, but so is the beautiful area I live in, with my friends and family and house and horse and all the things I love.

I definitely agree with that- I haven't been on holiday in over 30 years not even in this country and I don't wish to - I have all I need here where I live - when we get the sun I love nothing more than sitting out on my decking with a glass of wine and my dogs at my feet and now I have finally got a horse again everything is complete - all I need is to find a way to retire !!! and then life would be truly perfect

I like that and agree to an extent but I think the normalcy of your every day life makes you appreciate your 'vacation' all that more!

I like it and do agree with the sentiment, however I love my 'vacation' not because it's an escape though, more because it's different, I like to find myself in a beautiful part of the natural world and see how other people live and work, try different foods and try to learn a little bit of a different language if I can while I'm at it, so for me it is an extension and a compliment to my already wonderful life. :)
It's a bit like that saying 'life is not a destination, but a journey'
I love a bit of change and totally agree with this :)

With the horses and Goats at home - there is no such thing as a Vacation Away.
I never spend a nite away EVER.
But that's my choice in life and unless it was a horse vacation with my horse I probably really would
not enjoy it much any way!!:rolleyes:
Putting me on a cruise or something to me would be as bad as putting me in a prison but on the ocean.:(:mad:

Although seeing a show about the old time "Orient express" and the show that David Suchet made with him
taking a trip on it to prepare for the Poiort episode -- that did look like fun!!!

Years ago My second mother in law did take one of the big Ocean liners and then the orient express trip
many years before.
She had said it was really good --

newrider.com