I found a lump

poopie1165

May 19, 2009
...My horse has a lump in her neck.. The upper part under her Jawbone. Looks like a swollen gland. I noticed it about three weeks ago and have been watching it to see if it changes. It hasnt gotten bigger and hasnt caused her pain. Its not hard and not mushy but is soft to the touch. I guess I should call the vet in the morning. Does anyone have a clue to what it could be? Shes UTD on everything, even strangles vac.

Jen has one of these under her jaw and it was just up the side of her face too (sort of round the jaw bone) Vet had a look when she was out anyway and said it was just "seasonal changes?"

It's still there now 3/4 weeks on although it has gone down, its not causing her any discomfort so i've left her too it

...My horse has a lump in her neck.. The upper part under her Jawbone. Looks like a swollen gland. I noticed it about three weeks ago and have been watching it to see if it changes. It hasnt gotten bigger and hasnt caused her pain. Its not hard and not mushy but is soft to the touch. I guess I should call the vet in the morning. Does anyone have a clue to what it could be? Shes UTD on everything, even strangles vac.

odd sort of a question, well i have 2 actually
can horses get swollen glands, a mare on our field had a slight lump on both sides of her neck where the glands our we thought is was glands but were bot sure if the could swell up but they did go down after 2-3days
and what does UTD mean, i dont understand the shortand horsy language very well am quite new to it

Sounds like a grass gland to me. Very common with horses that are grass sensitive. If you cut down her grass it will disappear.:)

newrider.com