I found a dead cat tonight

cobmum

Sep 13, 2009
Middlewich
Whilst i was giving my dog his bed time walk i came accross a dead cat at the bottom of my road. I went back with a towel and placed it in a cardboard box and brought it home. Unfortunatley it has no tag just a lilac collar. Im not really sure what to do next, take ut to vets to see if its microchipped or make some posters and ask owners to contact me. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Aw, poor thing :( I think the vets would be a good start. If it's been missing already, you might see posters up wanting info on its whereabouts. Poor owners. I suppose it would be a tiny consolation to actually have the cat back, rather than never knowing.

I *think* most vets will scan a dead cat for a microchip, then put it in their freezer for a certain time to see if anyone claims it.

Without making 'found - one dead cat' posters, which could cause someone a lot of distress, there's not much you can do, apart from asking around the area where you found it.

Good on you for picking it up though. Hope you manage to trace the poor owner.

Poor cat. :(

Take it to the nearest vet, as the others said, they will scan it and freeze it. My OH accidentally scared a cat into the road when we were visiting my mom. The poor thing was hit by a car, still alive, we desperately rushed to the vet but she died in my lap as we got there. He put it in the freezer. A lovely lady found out that we had tried to save her beloved Porsha and sent me a beautiful card and bouqet. I felt so guilty as it was Johns fault. I hope she never found out. How lovely of you to care :)

How sad x
Having three cats i do worry that if something happens i may not know.
I agree with the others..the vets can look after it until someone comes looking forward for it x

I'd want to know if one of my cats went missing so putting a poster up if the vets can't find a microchip I think is a good plan.

Most people who's animals stray contact the RSPCA so perhaps you could inform them (if they can be bothered to listen) and they may even scan it.

Thats so kind of you, I would hope someone would do that if our little man ever died.

He's such a naughty boy and goes off into peoples houses and garages, he has no fear of anything which makes me think he wont last long !!

newrider.com