I feel so lucky

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Went for a ride this morning, was going out for a hack but as it was freezing fog and -4 decided to go up to our top field for a leg stretch instead.
Our top field isn't grazed at all so the grass up there is quite long it's only about two acres but is right at the top of the hill (on a clear day you can see for miles)and reasonably flat. It was so beautiful up there in the fog, all the grass seed heads were all sparkly and white and it was so very peaceful.
Despite the fact it was cold it really was a magical ride, Belle was as usual a super girl and apart from one tiny spook at something in the woods at the side just did everything I asked of her and it all made me feel like a little girl again. I wish I could describe how special it felt being up there all on our own in a winter wonderland. Just made me realise how lucky I am to have all that I have and how much I love life.
Sorry for being 'mushy' it was just one of those lovely moments that makes you glad to be alive.

Sounds a wonderful memorable moment, one that makes everything worthwhile and you are indeed lucky:biggrin: I always think it's great to be alive especially when compared to the alternative:angel:

Be mushy all you like, reading this makes me smile and remind of similar moments I've had. It really sounds like you've landed on your feet with belle girlie, nice to hear lovely things!

newrider.com