I feel like John Wayne ....

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
Somehow I managed 5 hours in the saddle today :redface:

took Angel for a quick spin first, then took Appley and met up with a friend to ride out on the Downs .... four hours or so later, I returned to the yard (who were about to send a search party because I didn't hear my phone ring when they called to see where I got to - i :wub: my yard!) . We lost track of time it seems, and weren't going terribly fast either, ahem!

Good practice for Appley though - we're going to a sponsored ride in a month's time, which is 12 miles :redface:

not sure how many miles we did today, but she was still cheery and speedy when we got home, bless her :cloud9:

Julia
x

Where do you guys go up on the Downs? Do you go up to Black Cap? I love it up there.

Appley sounds like she is more than ready for fun ride.

Which fun ride are you going on? There are quite a few about in the next month or so. Is it the charity ride at Glynde near Lewes? Think we will be doing that one.

@ dark storm- just got up, feeling ok, although my stomach muscles (which I was unaware I had?!) feel a little tight!

@ tiga - yep, we're going to the Glynde one 17 September :D we rode around the top of woodingdean/castle hill. not sure what the tracks are called, we tend to refer to them as 'where H bucked K off', 'wee valley' (dont ask!!!) and 'where the sheep station is', ahem :happy:

My friend tracked our ride - Appley did 10 miles :bounce: we didn't go very fast, but had one long canter, a short canter and a few trots, too.

Julia
x

newrider.com