I dont learn do I!?

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
It seems I haven't learnt my lesson from before about getting in the way of horses!

There was a horse ( big ID X) in a field further along , with the field itt was in being mine. All I had was some balin band and previously caught it with balin band before. Grabbed hold of it, putting the band around his neck. I was stupidly right infront of him. Asked him to walk on and cantered off. I hit the deck and apart from my middle finger on my right hand really hurting I was ok. Did think my finger really hurt but I had jobs to do... Though things like picking feet out, poo picking and doing water was hard and by the end I could hardly use my right hand! It was swelling a lot. Got home , thought I better go to minor injuries as thought I may have broken it...
Yepp!! Quite a bad break, right across and its rotated.. ( the first bone of your finger after your knuckles) because its not ... lined up. they cant just tape it up. So tomorrow I am having a local or being knocked out so they can straighten it. no work, or driving! I would say atleast a month. Also I have a large vet bill to pay and sick pay is.. well pennies!!

I know! Had to get a cast today, turns out op is on weds... off work for 6-8 weeks and no driving :( Its hard having non horsey parents who have to help me with sox!

newrider.com