I did and also didn’t want to be right

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
I had concerns about Robins hocks after 3 not great rides. His hock had swollen. Vet was out today and im correct. He is sound on trot up but only slightly off after flexion. Obviously the swelling also shows there is an issue. So he is booked in for more joint injections. Vet not concerned at all as it has been 15months since he had the first ones. So injections on Friday. 2 days in. 5 days in a pen in the field. A week hacking in walk then back to normal. I had a show entered on 30th so have moved my entries to the 13th feb instead which the vet has said will be fine.

I didn’t want there to be something but also did to explain the slightly stroppy mood and rides. Fingers crossed the injections go ok and he will grumble but settle to box and pen rest.

Last edited:
Well done for trusting your knowledge of him, and hopefully he'll be back to normal soon.

Can i ask what meds are being injected. Pressumably you are having to pay for this yourself as its no longer under insurance. What sort of costs are we talking.

I am not sure what drug is injected other than a steroid. I have been told but went over my head. Not on insurance no. I’m thinking it is around £250 but I am not entirely sure. Last time we also had X-rays and I have no idea where the bill from that is. They worked incredibly well last time and if this is what keeps him happy then I will do it as long as it is beneficial and lasting for a decent length of time.

newrider.com