I cant believe it is so hard to get a rug

TBminx

Mar 22, 2013
I wanted a medium combi turn out 6"3 in purple or pink or cherry or two tone or something but not blue or black as thats murphys boy colours :wink:

My previous medium was blue and is now shredded so needs replaced as she was clipped today yet I am reluctant to put her from her medium standard neck into her heavy weight as she gets very hot in rugs and then will have no rug for her when the temp drops.

So I went online for 5 th time and nothing was colour I wanted and if it was no neck or heavyweight not medium then when it was wrong size or out of stock :banghead:

I wasnt even looking for a bargain as long as not extortionate :stomp:

After 3 hours non stop hunting I got the one I wanted and just hope its sodding well right or will be ripping (not the rug of course) :giggle:

The medium combi ones seem to be like gold dust at the mo, even in boring colours, at least in the 6 foot that fit Pops. I guess everyone stocked up this month and last month. I wanted something a bit girlie but didn't want to spend more than £50 so had to get her a brown one in the end. Oh well, at least it won't show up the mud!

I currently own two bright red 6 ft 3 med combo's and one bright red rainsheet... and one 6ft 3 blue star standard heavy weight.. all for the depth of winter.. I had to replace all my old rugs this year back in February, as he'd ripped most of them... Personally, i'd just go for whatever you can get, you could always buy necks separate.

I prefer the neck joined cos when roll in the arena in winter the sand gets inside more if detachable and rubs the feck out of their shoulders even with a lycra bib thingy underneath :frown:

I got one in the end and in the colour and make I wanted but saw in email confirmation today it is non returnable as the colour is a special order but didnt tell me that when ordering it so better be ok :unsure:

Although it is weatherbeeta which is my fave fit for her or masta or amigo and I dont use anything else now :wink:

newrider.com