I can sit two bucks now! (dunno about 3 though!)

perkypinky

Nov 13, 2007
morning all!
Went into the school this morning and all was fine even though we had a scoot along on his bum because the man in the coach let his air brakes off :mad:and a spook at the tarpaulin water trays that are in the school every day!:eek: Asked for canter - got medium trot - asked again - no joy:confused: so next time as i asked i gave a VERY SMALL TAP behind my leg with whip OMG he bucked took off in canter then as i was just righting myself did another buck whilst still running off! :eek: Little bu**er!:mad: How i stayed on i dont know i can remember thinking as i was on his neck 'If he does another ill be off' but luckily he didnt.
Back lady was booked for this morning so i was secretly hoping she would find something but -no - just a few sore/tight bits but nothing bad enough to make him buck. Instuctor was there having her horse 'done' She still maintains that i'll be enjoying 'it' by next year;):p:confused: she told the back lady 'he's a bit of a character':rolleyes:
ive got a cut bleeding finger from it God knows how i managed to do that as there is nothing sharp on him or his saddle:confused: - can someone give me some hugs please!!!
Gonna re name him Billy Bronco at this rate! xx

morning all!
Went into the school this morning and all was fine even though we had a scoot along on his bum because the man in the coach let his air brakes off :mad:and a spook at the tarpaulin water trays that are in the school every day!:eek: Asked for canter - got medium trot - asked again - no joy:confused: so next time as i asked i gave a VERY SMALL TAP behind my leg with whip OMG he bucked took off in canter then as i was just righting myself did another buck whilst still running off! :eek: Little bu**er!:mad: How i stayed on i dont know i can remember thinking as i was on his neck 'If he does another ill be off' but luckily he didnt.
Back lady was booked for this morning so i was secretly hoping she would find something but -no - just a few sore/tight bits but nothing bad enough to make him buck. Instuctor was there having her horse 'done' She still maintains that i'll be enjoying 'it' by next year;):p:confused: she told the back lady 'he's a bit of a character':rolleyes:
ive got a cut bleeding finger from it God knows how i managed to do that as there is nothing sharp on him or his saddle:confused: - can someone give me some hugs please!!!
Gonna re name him Billy Bronco at this rate! xx

Hugs for you!
i think hes just a character to be honest - Nothing that couldnt be fixed with abit of hard schooling i think

maybe lunge him before you ride him ..
let him get that stroppyness out of him
how old is he?

xxxx

he is 15 i think maybe you are right - he doesnt really do any 'work' as such only half an hour a week in my lesson. He has now got 3 days off for back to settle so my freind has said i can ride her reliable horse to get my confidence back a bit!
It seems like i take 2 steps forward and 1 back all the time - but by this time next year i am determined i will be riding him confidently and happily!!!

he is 15 i think maybe you are right - he doesnt really do any 'work' as such only half an hour a week in my lesson. He has now got 3 days off for back to settle so my freind has said i can ride her reliable horse to get my confidence back a bit!
It seems like i take 2 steps forward and 1 back all the time - but by this time next year i am determined i will be riding him confidently and happily!!!

Have you thought about maybe having just your friends trusty reliable pony in the school with him ?
is he ridden with any other horses?
:p
Im sure by next year you two will make a super pair.
if not you could always go into rodeo ? :eek:

believe me he is not scared he is just a bu**er!:eek: he has been a very successfull showjumper and dressage pony - been there done it knows all the tricks - he isnt malicious though just a naughty pony! See im making allowances for him coz he is soooo cute and funny! (although not quite os funny this morining - at least i wasnt laughing even if he was!:eek:) Time will come for him to have a smacked bottom me thinks - but not until i know how to rodeo ride!:);)

The post did make me laugh i must admit -
i think maybe lungeing before riding is the way forward.
i do know how you feel.
we had a 4yr old showjumper (some peoples jaws may drop at his age)
but yes.
buck buck buck - thats all i got if i tried to ride him first.
lungeing worked a dream though :p

im sure you'll be fine - give it time.

good luck :D
xxxx

p.s - if you do need anything else just PM me
:p

newrider.com