I can sit two bucks now! (dunno about 3 though!)

perkypinky

Nov 13, 2007
morning all!
Went into the school this morning and all was fine even though we had a scoot along on his bum because the man in the coach let his air brakes off :mad:and a spook at the tarpaulin water trays that are in the school every day!:eek: Asked for canter - got medium trot - asked again - no joy:confused: so next time as i asked i gave a VERY SMALL TAP behind my leg with whip OMG he bucked took off in canter then as i was just righting myself did another buck whilst still running off! :eek: Little bu**er!:mad: How i stayed on i dont know i can remember thinking as i was on his neck 'If he does another ill be off' but luckily he didnt.
Back lady was booked for this morning so i was secretly hoping she would find something but -no - just a few sore/tight bits but nothing bad enough to make him buck. Instuctor was there having her horse 'done' She still maintains that i'll be enjoying 'it' by next year;):p:confused: she told the back lady 'he's a bit of a character':rolleyes:
ive got a cut bleeding finger from it God knows how i managed to do that as there is nothing sharp on him or his saddle:confused: - can someone give me some hugs please!!!
Gonna re name him Billy Bronco at this rate! xx

xAmie_x

Dec 4, 2007
morning all!
Went into the school this morning and all was fine even though we had a scoot along on his bum because the man in the coach let his air brakes off :mad:and a spook at the tarpaulin water trays that are in the school every day!:eek: Asked for canter - got medium trot - asked again - no joy:confused: so next time as i asked i gave a VERY SMALL TAP behind my leg with whip OMG he bucked took off in canter then as i was just righting myself did another buck whilst still running off! :eek: Little bu**er!:mad: How i stayed on i dont know i can remember thinking as i was on his neck 'If he does another ill be off' but luckily he didnt.
Back lady was booked for this morning so i was secretly hoping she would find something but -no - just a few sore/tight bits but nothing bad enough to make him buck. Instuctor was there having her horse 'done' She still maintains that i'll be enjoying 'it' by next year;):p:confused: she told the back lady 'he's a bit of a character':rolleyes:
ive got a cut bleeding finger from it God knows how i managed to do that as there is nothing sharp on him or his saddle:confused: - can someone give me some hugs please!!!
Gonna re name him Billy Bronco at this rate! xx

Hugs for you!
i think hes just a character to be honest - Nothing that couldnt be fixed with abit of hard schooling i think

maybe lunge him before you ride him ..
let him get that stroppyness out of him
how old is he?

xxxx

perkypinky

Nov 13, 2007
he is 15 i think maybe you are right - he doesnt really do any 'work' as such only half an hour a week in my lesson. He has now got 3 days off for back to settle so my freind has said i can ride her reliable horse to get my confidence back a bit!
It seems like i take 2 steps forward and 1 back all the time - but by this time next year i am determined i will be riding him confidently and happily!!!

xAmie_x

Dec 4, 2007
he is 15 i think maybe you are right - he doesnt really do any 'work' as such only half an hour a week in my lesson. He has now got 3 days off for back to settle so my freind has said i can ride her reliable horse to get my confidence back a bit!
It seems like i take 2 steps forward and 1 back all the time - but by this time next year i am determined i will be riding him confidently and happily!!!

Have you thought about maybe having just your friends trusty reliable pony in the school with him ?
is he ridden with any other horses?
:p
Im sure by next year you two will make a super pair.
if not you could always go into rodeo ? :eek:

perkypinky

Nov 13, 2007
believe me he is not scared he is just a bu**er!:eek: he has been a very successfull showjumper and dressage pony - been there done it knows all the tricks - he isnt malicious though just a naughty pony! See im making allowances for him coz he is soooo cute and funny! (although not quite os funny this morining - at least i wasnt laughing even if he was!:eek:) Time will come for him to have a smacked bottom me thinks - but not until i know how to rodeo ride!:);)

xAmie_x

Dec 4, 2007
The post did make me laugh i must admit -
i think maybe lungeing before riding is the way forward.
i do know how you feel.
we had a 4yr old showjumper (some peoples jaws may drop at his age)
but yes.
buck buck buck - thats all i got if i tried to ride him first.
lungeing worked a dream though :p

im sure you'll be fine - give it time.

good luck :D
xxxx

p.s - if you do need anything else just PM me
:p