I came 4th in the veteran show class!

horsemad

Jul 16, 2001
Belfast, N. Ireland
Visit site
Well,what a surprise that was! I had never taken part in a showing class before last Thursday - and my 23 year old ned came 4th in the Veteran Show class :) Really wasn't expecting that at all - the other horses looked fantastic, and the riders looked like they were seasoned professionals at this showing lark. So much so that I wasn't even looking at the judges when they were calling people in for placings - I was too busy looking all round me and telling Cindy what a clever girl she was! It was only when the rider behind me told me I was being called in that I realised what was happening :eek:

I had taken Cindy in for another showing class earlier in the day - just for a bit of fun, I entered her in the show hunter class. Not that I did very much in that class - the silly moo was very excited by the whole thing, and was most definitely not acting like a 23 year old. When we were supposed to be trotting, she was cantering on the spot, bouncing about and tossing her head - not good for a nervous nelly rider like me :eek: So when it came to the canter, I just did a very short canter but then pulled her into the centre before I lost control altogether! How embarrassing, not being able to control a 23 year old horse :eek: She was still bouncing at the end of the class, so I got my friend to take her round a wee course in the clear round jumping. So by the time she had done all that, she was nice and calm and settled for the Veteran Class :D

I can't believe how energetic she was for the whole day - the same horse will sometimes struggle to do a full lap of the school in trot! Fab wee horse :)

Congratulations, sounds as if you had a good day, even if Cindy was a little bit silly :p
So are you going showing again soon? Sounds like your good at it!
~GG~

Thanks Goldie's Girl :D No plans for anything else for the time being. Unfortunately I don't have my own transport so have to rely on other kind people to give me a lift to shows. But yes, I really enjoyed the experience - and, going by Cindy's reaction, I think she did too!

Aw, thanks guys :D I'll have to see if I can put up a pic of us - Cindy did look particularly gorgeous on the day, even if I do say so myself :p I have to say though, I don't think I'd have the energy to do that showing lark on a regular basis - it took such a lot of effort and energy to get prepared for it! But still, it was nice to get the chance to do it, and I would give it a go again if I got the opportunity.

newrider.com